PC no longer recognizes SDR.

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
MintHaggis

PC no longer recognizes SDR.

Post by MintHaggis » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:54 pm

Yesterday I received my SDR, set it up, messed around, and see what I could find. Everything was fine until this morning. SDR# no longer found a device, So I went back to Zadig to install the drivers, and even Zadig couldn't find my SDR. I re-ran install.rtlsdr and still nothing. I unplugged and replugged my sdr, and absolutely nothing. I went to windows device manager, and usb manager, and neither even recognized that it was plugged in. The usb sockets work, If i plug anything else it works and recognizes the device, except my sdr. I even unplugged it, restarted my system, replugged, and nothing. As far as my computer is concerned, it doesn't exist. everything else I could find was trouble shooting for SDR#, and that's not the main problem. (also, doesn't matter if the SMA cord is attached).

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: PC no longer recognizes SDR.

Post by rtlsdrblog » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:37 am

Could possibly have died, a very small number of RTL2832U chips are just faulty and fail after a few hours of use.

Can you confirm on another PC? If it's not working on another PC and it's one of our dongles contact us and we'll send a replacement out asap. rtlsdrblog _at_ gmail _dot_ com.

WVdave

Post by WVdave » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 pm

My window 10 just update and now having same problem , computer does not see any usb device.
Reinstall drivers and program , NO change still not working !!!
I have had Issue with Windows 10 this keep up going to install Ubuntu so do not have update problem!
Windows can not leave any alone that's working !!!!!

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:59 am

WVdave wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 pm
My window 10 just update and now having same problem , computer does not see any usb device.
Reinstall drivers and program , NO change still not working !!!
I have had Issue with Windows 10 this keep up going to install Ubuntu so do not have update problem!
Windows can not leave any alone that's working !!!!!
Did you remember to re-run the install-rtlsdr.bat file? Or is it that ALL USB devices are no longer seen on your PC?