recognizes none of my SDR.

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
gharryh1957

recognizes none of my SDR.

Post by gharryh1957 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:27 pm

I have 4 RTL-SDR dongles, from whom four are brand new V3.0 devices.
But my system (WIN10)reports that no device is selected.
So I ran zadig again to re-install the drivers, but no success.

Trying the other 3 out of the box devices same result.

can anyone explain to me whats wrong here?? please

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: recognizes none of my SDR.

Post by rtlsdrblog » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:18 am

Do the devices show up in zadig? Check device manager too.

A screenshot of zadig would be helpful, and of the error too.

gharryh1957

Post by gharryh1957 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:24 pm

rtlsdrblog wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:18 am
Do the devices show up in zadig? Check device manager too.

A screenshot of zadig would be helpful, and of the error too.
Image and Image
Helpfull??

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:34 am

Yep helpful. So it looks like the hardware is working fine, just a driver issue.

In zadig what does it show when you click on Bulk Interface, Interface 0, and interface 1? Did you run through the zadig installation for bulk interface 0?

Also in device manager can you right click the Bulk in interface and see what driver is installed?

What exactly do you mean by Win10 reports no device selected? Device manager shows the device, so Win10 is definitely recognizing the dongle. Can you please state the program that you are using and the exact error that you get?

gharryh1957

Post by gharryh1957 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:11 am

rtlsdrblog wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:34 am
Yep helpful. So it looks like the hardware is working fine, just a driver issue.
This is what Zadig rep[ports for both devices
Bulk in,interface 0 = USB ID OBDA 2838 00
Bulk in,interface 1 = USB ID OBDA 2838 01
In zadig what does it show when you click on Bulk Interface, Interface 0, and interface 1? Did you run through the zadig installation for bulk interface 0?
I ran Zadig for both devices
Also in device manager can you right click the Bulk in interface and see what driver is installed?
In device manager i have removed all bulk devices, unplugged the dongle and plugged it in again. Now in device manager it shows only one bulk device, but the manager is still working on something
What exactly do you mean by Win10 reports no device selected? Device manager shows the device, so Win10 is definitely recognizing the dongle. Can you please state the program that you are using and the exact error that you get?
I am going to remove all my sdr software and usb devices and start all over again afterremoving them

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:51 am

This might have been the mistake, you're not meant to run it on interface 1 which is the infrared interface. It's possible that the SDR# only sees interface 1 now, so can't access the SDR which is interface 0.

Try uninstall the drivers from interface 1, or at least replace it with something else that is not WinUSB.

gharryh1957

Post by gharryh1957 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:16 pm

rtlsdrblog wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:51 am
This might have been the mistake, you're not meant to run it on interface 1 which is the infrared interface. It's possible that the SDR# only sees interface 1 now, so can't access the SDR which is interface 0.
How could one know that the infrared is on interface 1, as I dont have/use infrared??
Try uninstall the drivers from interface 1, or at least replace it with something else that is not WinUSB.
Got things running again, don't know for how long??
Just treceiving NOAA19 with this result:

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:58 pm

Wow very nice image!

If you find that the drivers suddenly dissappear again check these things:

1) After a windows update the driver will sometimes be replaced with a broken windows one. Just run zadig again on bulk interface 0 to fix it.

2) If you have automatic windows driver updates enabled, then sometimes windows will forcefully install the broken ones randomly. Try disabling that.

As an aside for your waterfall I can recommend reducing the 'Range' slider on the right slightly, maybe down to -70dB. This will give you a nicer looking waterfall, and more space on the spectrum to see the signals.