FMP doesn't open.

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
pikilin

FMP doesn't open.

Post by pikilin » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi

i received new pc (very small one known as gpd win) and i installed HDSDR and VB-audio and i also downloaded DSD+.
took me some time to configure all of them and finally all works well but only the FMP doesn't work.
i attached screenshot of the FMP dos screen for you to see. this screen show's up for about 2 -3 seconds after i am clicking on the FMP.exe and after 2-3 seconds the black windows close it self.

thank you.
Attachments
fmp 2.jpg
fmp 2.jpg (74.17 KiB) Viewed 1092 times

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: FMP doesn't open.

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:21 am

Its saying that it cant open the SDR. When opening FMP did you make sure that all other software using the dongle is closed?

pikilin

Post by pikilin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:03 am

m..i start the computer after it was off and the first thing i am doing when the pc finished boot up is to run the FMP alone and i still receive this error. (the dongle pluged in of course).
when i installed the dongle driver, the device was bulk 0 and not #1. maybe the FMP looking for wrong device? and if so how can i guide it to search for the right device ?

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:02 am

Did you mistakingly install the SDR WinUSB drivers to bulk interface #1 at any point? If you did uninstall those. Some software can get confused and try to use interface #1 if you installed SDR drivers to it. Interface #1 is the infrared interface and obviously won't work with the SDR drivers.

Also check with the DSD+ developers if FMP has command line options for selecting a device number. If it does you can create a batch file to open it with the correct flags specified.