QSpectrumanalyzer for Windows + Linux (Ubuntu) with RTL-SDR and HackRF

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
Norbert-2018

QSpectrumanalyzer for Windows + Linux (Ubuntu) with RTL-SDR and HackRF

Post by Norbert-2018 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Hello all,

I´ve got experience with SDR, RTL-SDR and Hackrf One. I´m using Win10 + Linux (Ubuntu 14.04). Many Applications running well but I don´t get succes with

QSpectrumanalyzer

for Windows or Linux. No luck with RTL-SDR and no luck with Hackrf One.

Win 10 : QSpectrumanalyzer starts but after touchin Start-Bottom I´m getting a failure messeage with closing QSp....
Ubuntu: I don´t get success to install QSp... correctly... I don´t find a running executable file

Sorry, I´m brand new with linus / ubuntu 14.04... Succesfull was the installing of GQRX and RTL_433, but not the QSp...

Anybody there who can help me?????
Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Cheers

Norbert

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: QSpectrumanalyzer for Windows + Linux (Ubuntu) with RTL-SDR and HackRF

Post by rtlsdrblog » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:47 am

Did you follow the Windows installation instructions from here https://github.com/xmikos/qspectrumanalyzer?

It seems that you do need to install the SoapySDR libraries first. If you download the Pothos SDR installer which is linked in the instructions it should automatically install SoapySDR for you.

Norbert-2018

Post by Norbert-2018 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:46 am

Thank you for responding... Sorry, I'm bloody beginner with Linux / Ubuntu... I have installed like your posted links has recommended. But no succes... than I have installed pothos and the tools around soapy, also the drivers for rtl-sdr and hackrf...

What do I have to do now??? Seems to be, that the "bloody beginner Norbert" needs an step by step help to get a running qspectrumanalyzer on a linux / ubuntu 14.04 system... ;-)

Thank for in advance for further help...

Cheers

Norbert

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:49 am

What's the exact error message that you're getting?

You could also try asking directly on the QSpectrumAnalyzer GitHub issues forum https://github.com/xmikos/qspectrumanalyzer/issues. Maybe someone else experience the same issues that you're having too, or maybe the dev can help.