SDR# Toolbar Plugin

Talk about anything else here.
EddieMac74

SDR# Toolbar Plugin

Post by EddieMac74 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:39 am

Hello All,

I have just released a new plugin named 'Toolbar Plugin'. It adds a toolbar into SDR# and hosts many controls I have made. It helps eliminate the need to constantly open and close plugin panels to get to some of the often used controls.

you can download it here: https://SDRplugins.com/downloads

All of the controls in this plugin were suggested by users in the community and by my beta testers.
DirectFreqEntry.png
DirectFreqEntry.png (4.17 KiB) Viewed 6304 times
Direct Frequency Entry
FreqStepper.png
FreqStepper.png (13.45 KiB) Viewed 6304 times
Frequency Stepper Control
ModeControls.png
ModeControls.png (11.39 KiB) Viewed 6304 times
Analog / Digital Mode Controls

I also included a "Analog / Digital" mode switch where you can switch settings automatically between those for use for analog decoding or digital decoding. You can also launch up to three external apps with each mode.

There is also an analog SNR needle meter, my FFT Grabber controls and more.

I hope you all like it

Thanks,

Eddie
Last edited by EddieMac74 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

BackHive

Re: SDR# Toolbar Plugin

Post by BackHive » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:47 pm

Brilliant work Eddie, many thanks indeed.
Terry

EddieMac74

Post by EddieMac74 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:14 am

Hello All,

After many many requests, I have added a control into my toolbar plugin for the TETRA Demodulator plugin in.

Please Note: No credit for the TETRA Demodulator plugin goes to me.

All I did was create a custom toolbar control to control the plugin with. However; you can use my toolbar control to the TETRA Demodulator plugin from my toolbar exactly as you would from its own panel. The only difference is the control is easier to get at now in the toolbar and the plugin does not need to be open for it to work.

You can download the updated version here https://SDRPlugins.com/downloads

It works with both versions of the TETRA plugin. The original that requires msys2 and the newer one that doesn't. However; since I like making code for the newer versions of things, If you are using the OLDER VERSION, you will have to start the msys2 shell yourself. I did not include code to do it for you.

My toolbar control will also automatically take care of a few other things for you too. - It will start the radio, set the detector type to WFM and change the filter bandwidth to 250,000. So basically all you have to do it click the checkbox and it runs.

If you do not have the TETRA Demodulator Plugin installed, the control will remain disabled.

Any problems let me know.

Thanks everyone,

Enjoy

EddieMac74

Post by EddieMac74 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:36 am

Hello All,

I removed the thousands separator from the Direct Frequency entry box in my toolbar plugin. It made the control skip to the beginning of the entered number after entering the first three digits. It now works correctly and the frequency of SDR# now follows what you type in the box exactly.

New here: https://SDRPlugins.com/downloads

Thanks,

Eddie

BackHive

Post by BackHive » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:39 am

Very nice work Eddie... many thanks.
As a future consideration, I think the 'Mode Control' configure options should have a bandwidth setting.
Just my thoughts.
Terry

EddieMac74

Post by EddieMac74 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:16 pm

I'll see what I can do for you. I am making a few changes to the toolbar plugin now and adding another user requested feature. I'll try to work it in also.

EddieMac74

Post by EddieMac74 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:42 am

Hello All,

I have gotten over 30+ people asking me to add the "Net Info" button to my toolbar control. I just uploaded the new version of the Toolbar Plugin which has the new changes made. You can download it here: https://SDRPlugins.com/downloads

BlackHive - I have not yet added the Filter Bandwidth setting into the mode control settings, however, I should have it ready and tested for tomorrow. I will notify everyone of when it is finished.

Thank you all for using my plugins

Eddie

tudor-v

Post by tudor-v » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:03 pm

EddieMac, thank you for this useful plugin.

I have a feature request: would it be possible to add an option for displaying an S-meter on the toolbar?
There is an older SDR# plugin called Level Meter which displays signal strength in S units but it doesn't work properly and hasn't been updated in a long time.

Thanks!

EddieMac74

Post by EddieMac74 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:17 am

Hello All,

I have updated the Toolbar plugin to Version 1.4.1659.0
You can download the update here: https://SDRPlugins.com/downloads

Update Addresses:

Error that was thrown when using the old version of TETRA Demodlator Plugin (the one that uses MSys Shell) when clicking the "Net Info" button. The problem has been rectified and now works properly for BOTH version of the plugin.

And...
BackHive wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:39 am
Very nice work Eddie... many thanks.
As a future consideration, I think the 'Mode Control' configure options should have a bandwidth setting.
Just my thoughts.
Terry
As per suggestion I have added the Filter Bandwidth setting to the Mode Control. (Thanks Terry)

After you upgrade, be sure to enter the configuration setting and set the Filter Bandwidth to the desired value or IT WILL DEFAULT TO 10.

NOTE
: Because of the many detector types and their maximum allowable filter widths, I made the Filter Bandwidth setting allow more than the maximum bandwidth for any one detector type.

This allowed me to not have to add a lot of extra code to check the upper maximums of each individual detector.

HOWEVER; you can use the auto fill button to automatically set the filter bandwidth to the current value from SDR# or you can manually set the value as desired. If the value you set is higher than the particular detector type allows, the Mode Control will simply just set the max allowable limit automatically and leave your setting as is.

AND....
tudor-v wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:03 pm
EddieMac, thank you for this useful plugin.

I have a feature request: would it be possible to add an option for displaying an S-meter on the toolbar?
There is an older SDR# plugin called Level Meter which displays signal strength in S units but it doesn't work properly and hasn't been updated in a long time.

Thanks!
Yes, an S-Meter will be entering beta testing soon and will be added after testing is complete. I will notify you all of when this occurs.

I thank all of you for using my plugins and for the numerous emails I have received with comments and suggestions. I try to read all my emails as son as I can, if I don't get back to you right away, I will as soon as I can after.

Eddie

EddieMac74

Post by EddieMac74 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:34 am

Sorry folks,

Seems I made a simple math error in the last version of the Toolbar plugin on the Mode control. It threw an error when opening the configuration dialog for the first time. It has been fixed and should now work properly without the error.

You can download the update (Ver 1.5.1659.0) here: https://SDRPlugins.com/downloads