SDRplay to announce a new product at Hamvention

Talk about other SDR products like the FunCube, HackRF, BladeRF etc.
jon

SDRplay to announce a new product at Hamvention

Post by jon » Wed May 09, 2018 5:06 pm

SDRplay will be announcing and showcasing a completely new product at Hamvention in Dayton, Ohio on May 18th. Building on the strengths of the underlying hardware technology, coupled with the power of SDRuno software, this radical new product will provide radio enthusiasts, engineers and researchers, with unique and truly exciting capabilities. Watch out for the announcement from Dayton, or visit our website at www.SDRplay.com on Friday 18th May, 2pm EDT.

dlritter

Re: SDRplay to announce a new product at Hamvention

Post by dlritter » Wed May 09, 2018 6:17 pm

I knew I did not procure an AirSpy HF+ for some reason.. I detect another hit on my PP credit account

JEL

Post by JEL » Thu May 10, 2018 11:34 pm

Looking forward to hearing more about this radio, and perhaps updating the setup I use :)

Thanks for the heads-up on this.

dlritter wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:17 pm
I knew I did not procure an AirSpy HF+ for some reason.. I detect another hit on my PP credit account
I was just thinking the exact same thing :)

hotpaw2

Post by hotpaw2 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:25 pm

The issue I have with SDRPlay is that I heard from other software developers that their device library either doesn't link or doesn't connect to the device on one or more recent versions of macOS or the latest Raspberry Pi OS release. Have they fixed this so that SDR software developers can write apps to use their radio(s) on non-Windows OS's?

aurgathor

Post by aurgathor » Sat May 19, 2018 2:25 am

jon wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 5:06 pm
this radical new product will provide radio enthusiasts, engineers and researchers, with unique and truly exciting capabilities.
A dual tuner is a radical new product? Really?!?

While it does offer a few things over other USB SDRs, I would've added a USB3 port to differentiate it a bit more.

JEL

Post by JEL » Sat May 19, 2018 2:14 pm

I had a quick look...

I don't know how the device performs, but I can't seem to find any info on SDRuno being able to do serious frequency-scanning. It appears to be manual frequency selection only.

That may work well for HAM listening, but for my use I wouldn't like to be without a scanner-option.

The full frequency-range, without needing an up-converter, is very appealing though.

aurgathor

Post by aurgathor » Sat May 19, 2018 6:42 pm

JEL wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 2:14 pm
The full frequency-range, without needing an up-converter, is very appealing though.
Their other, less expensive products (RSP1A, RSP2) also have a full frequency range.