Cant recieve any hf

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
Blazemaxim

Cant recieve any hf

Post by Blazemaxim » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:13 am

I have a rtl-sdr v3 with 20 feet of wire connected to the ground screw and washer located on the sma connector. No matter what i do i can not pick up any stations period. I have enabled q-branch on cubicsdr and gprx. Neither have worked period. I am using a macbook pro with high sierra. All stations starting at 89mhz with q-branch off seem to work for the most part but again using hf/mf/lf have not worked. I hope i dont have a defective device and that i am doing something wrong instead. Thank you all for your time and hope someone can help me out.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: Cant recieve any hf

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:52 am

Did you say that you're connecting your wire to the ground (e.g. outer shield) of the SDR?

The wire must be connected to the inner conductor, not the outer one. Connecting to the ground/shield will achieve zero results.

Blazemaxim

Re: Cant recieve any hf

Post by Blazemaxim » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Thank you for you reply above but it seems to have fixed itself as of now. I can now receive below 28mhz and it seems was something software related. :shock: If you would like to remove this thread so as not to clutter up the forum that is fine.