New FFT analyzer for SDR#

Talk about anything else here.
EddieMac74

New FFT analyzer for SDR#

Post by EddieMac74 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:14 am

Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of working with the beta testers - especially Terry who requested a custom FFT for the Side Band listeners.

Screen shots for reference:
extendedfftscreenshot1.png
extendedfftscreenshot1.png (36.62 KiB) Viewed 622 times
extendedfftscreenshot2.png
extendedfftscreenshot2.png (37.73 KiB) Viewed 622 times
extendedfftscreenshot3.png
extendedfftscreenshot3.png (32.28 KiB) Viewed 622 times
Basically it is a set of IF and Audio frequency analyzers that have been customized with the following features:

- The ability to change the tuned frequency by dragging the analyzer window left or right.
- A set of dragable markers that can be used to measure both frequency spans / points and decibel span / points on the analyzer.
- The ability to pause / resume the analyzer display arbitrarily (can auto refreshe the paused screen on frequency changes or detector changes or offset changes)
- Custom & accurate Zoom for both IF and audio frequencies
- The ability to change the color of the analyzer spectrum (>red, orange,yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, gray, default, multi-color)
- Dragable value markers
- The ability to turn marker span and marker highlighting on and off.
- the ability to individually control the frequency span and decibel span markers visibility.
- A center frequency marker that can be turned on or off
- A control tool bar on the spectrum analyzer to control the options of the analyzer
- The ability to show the frequency marker values in Hz or Auto scale (>Hz,kHz,MHz,GHz)

I am currently working on peak hold for the fft display which I should have done shortly.

My question is this:

Does anyone have and comments / suggestions or requests that would make this plugin more useful?

I would love to have your feedback.

Thanks,

Eddie

EddieMac74

Re: New FFT analyzer for SDR#

Post by EddieMac74 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:51 am

Hello All,

We are refining the Extended FFT plugin. We have changed the markers to a more high contrast neutral color scheme. We are now working on improving the resolution of the FFT spectrum when using the USB, LSB, or DSB detectors. We have added a few new options and changed the toolbar.
Version2A.png
Version2A.png (31.88 KiB) Viewed 578 times
We added marker snap and the offsets are correct now for each of the detector types. Radio tuning is still available but the scale and marker values change to reflect the tuner frequency and reverts back to normal offset scale after the mouse button is released.
Version2B.png
Version2B.png (43.36 KiB) Viewed 578 times
I also highlighted the frequency scale so you know when you are in tuning mode