Installation Woes

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
Logit

Installation Woes

Post by Logit » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:33 pm

Using the RTL-SDR 2832U dongle. Have it connected to my 1st IF of a Kenwood TS-450SAT and via cable to my computer
via a USB port.

Windows recognizes the dongle.

SDR# is the only software that comes close to recognizing the dongle. The first time installing and selecting a radio I was able to utilize the "Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0)" selection. However, the display never showed actual receive from the TS-450. It only displayed normal 'background noise' which apparently was not coming from the xcvr.

I uninstalled everything .. rebooted - reinstalled from scratch. This time the "Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0)" did not display as an option. I chose SDR-Dongle(USB). Installation was a success but the results were the same as before.

I am running Win 10 / 64 bit. Used the 64bit version of SDR#. Out of curiosity I tried installing the 32bit version but Win 10 stops the installation due to incompatibility. Tried running the 32bit install as Administrator .. same result.

I was using the dongle and software previously for a number of months without issue. Then my computer threw a hissy fit and it was necessary to clean the hard drive and reload the operating system and everything else. Since then, anything to do with the SDR-RTL doesn't cooperate.

I am out of options. Does anyone have any ideas ?

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: Installation Woes

Post by rtlsdrblog » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:14 am

What is the frequency of the IF out?

And can you please explain what exactly are the new issues with installing the dongle after the reformat?

Logit

Post by Logit » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:59 am

If out : IF’s: 1st 73.05

Two issues involving re-install after reformatting the computer HD:

The software recognizes the dongle presence but that is all. The software simply doesn't work with the IF input from the transceiver - just as though the dongle "was not there".

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:04 am

So the dongle works, but you just don't see any signals?

Can you upload some screenshots of the SDR# screen showing your settings? And also the RF gain settings?

Logit

Post by Logit » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Thank you all for responding to my request.

I reloaded the software (V3) another time and the program is now functioning as expected.

Thanks again.