keyboard shortcut to change frequency

Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
bobdavcav

keyboard shortcut to change frequency

Post by bobdavcav » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:22 pm

Hello,
I'm pretty new with SDR and I haven't had a lot of time to play with it because I've been away at school, but am home for the weekend. My question is it seems as if I can use my screen reader to adjust just about everything (IQ, gain, spectrum, etc) but can't find anything in SDR Sharp to adjust the frequency. How do I do this? I see nothing, using Windows 7, that says anything about the frequency that I can get to with the keyboard. Can someone please help?

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: keyboard shortcut to change frequency

Post by rtlsdrblog » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:43 am

Unfortunately I don't think there are any shortcuts like that in SDR# at the moment. You might want to request it in the SDR# Yahoo email list where the author hangs out.

I think HDSDR is an alternative program that is known to work fairly well for vision impaired users.

jlc

Post by jlc » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:35 am

If you put the pointer over one of the digits in the frequency in sdr#, the up and down arrows will change that digit. The left and right arrows will move you among the digits. It would be nice if something like this worked wherever the pointer was located, but it is useful as-is.

KD0CAC

Post by KD0CAC » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:51 pm

I'm guessing what the question was for ?
Is if you want to look at a frequency that is outside of the default bandwidth , as an example I am a ham radio operator and doing whats call hunt-an-pounce , I find someone I want in the log at say 10m and they tell me other operators in the club are operating on lets say 3 other bands and they give specific frequencies on each band .
I also just started with one of the softwares and noticed that , but may have missed , yes I can drag the curser to anyplace on the display , or click on the arrows at either end , but a larger change to other bands is what I am guessing the original questions was , if not then that is my question ;)

Thanks
John
KD0CAC

sunnshol

Post by sunnshol » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:39 pm

I was led here for the same reason... I realize this isn't the SDR# forum but seriously, there is no way to simply enter the frequency you want with the keyboard, the way you can with SDR-Radio? You have to use this arcane mouse method? That alone eliminates an otherwise excellent program for me. Am I missing something? Seems like a rather gargantuan feature to leave out.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:30 am

sunnshol wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:39 pm
I was led here for the same reason... I realize this isn't the SDR# forum but seriously, there is no way to simply enter the frequency you want with the keyboard, the way you can with SDR-Radio? You have to use this arcane mouse method? That alone eliminates an otherwise excellent program for me. Am I missing something? Seems like a rather gargantuan feature to leave out.
The last reply was back in 2015. Since then this plugin has come out http://www.freqmgrsuite.com/. One of the things it gives you is a text input for the frequency. So I think that should solve your problem.