SDR sharp stops playing radio after about a second

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
johny33

SDR sharp stops playing radio after about a second

Post by johny33 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:42 am

Hello, after I have correctly installed SDRSharp on Win 7 64 bit, I can watch frequencies, see signal strength and play sound on not used frequencies (the usual hiss). When I would like to listen sound on used frequency (for example any fm radio from 87 to 108 mhz) after about one second of playback the program freezes. I tested itmultiple times but the result was the same. What should I do? Johny33 it )

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: SDR sharp stops playing radio after about a second

Post by rtlsdrblog » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:44 am

Check your soundcard settings in Windows for anything strange, and check if there is updated drivers for your soundcard.

johny33

Post by johny33 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:39 am

Hello, I have no other problem with my soundcard on that notebook but I will try it on a different machine. If the problem will persist what other steps should I try? One more question: what would be a good antena for such card? The one I got with it is quite weak.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:12 pm

If the dongle is running fine but just without sound, then it's definitely a software/driver issue somewhere and not the hardware, as the SDR hardware has nothing to do with the sound.

What antenna came with the dongle you purchased? If you got our dipole kit, then that's a pretty good starters antenna if you can get it up high and/or outside. If you got a whip with your rtl-sdr i'd look into purchasing a discone and getting that up on your roof/attic.