no fm - but can hear weather

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
gginnj

no fm - but can hear weather

Post by gginnj » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:27 am

Bought the NooElec RB20T SCR & DVB-T NESDR mini

Downloaded SDR# and installed the drivers. (Windows)

when I bring up SDR# if I put in a frequency for a radio station (ie. 102.100) I get nothing.
however when I put in a local weather frequency 162 something that came up no problem.

I'm using the antenna that came with the unit (kind of looks like a cell phone antenna - about 3.5" - 4" long)

Is that preventing me from picking up FM? or is this a US-north america issue and the dongle version (not mini2)?

Thanks

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: no fm - but can hear weather

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:08 am

The antenna those come with is pretty bad, but it should still be okay at receiving WFM.

Do you see any WFM signals in the spectrum? Have you set the receive mode to WFM when attempting to listen to them?

gginnj

Post by gginnj » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:47 pm

nope. I scanned the whole band.

yes, It's set for WFM - and NFM for the weather. and of course, - now I can't get the weather either now....

I'm going to have to try to uninstall the drivers, and start over.

when I run zader (or whatever it is - I'm not on my pc right now) - I saw the following:
bluetooth radio
bulk 0
bulk 1
some camera reference

I installed the WIN USB driver for all 4 of the above - would that screw anything up, or just do the bulk 0?

GG

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:24 pm

You should only install to bulk interface 0. If you've install to the other devices, you've overwritten them with the SDR drivers. That could cause issues...