Discuss commercial and home made antennas.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
My diy biquad antenna has out performed both a printed circuit log periodic and patch antenna. i use an in line direct tv ampifier with a dc block . the rca amp gives me better reception,higher gain than the rtl-sdr store wideband amp.you can find clones of this inline amp on amazon.
I used the online calculater.the L1 elements, eight of them are:47.1mm, wire daim:1.69mm, total wire length:409.6mm, distance to relector plate:24.25mm, the relfector plate is 131.8 x 97.1 mm. i used a panel coax connector that had enogh threads to wrap a piece of copper wire around it and secure it with a nut and solder it to the antenna wire, the other joint was a male spade connector crimped and soldered to the center element of the panel connector. i mounted the panel connector to the reflector and then used two blocks of wood that matched the height to hold the antenna in place and then soldered. i you are using an lna, dont forget the dc block.
With this dish and biquad setup , im getting some audio channels with the aeroambe.dll and libmbe.dll files added to the jaero decoder folder. Go to the "aero c-channel voice audio now decodable with jaero" on this site. In the comments section ,scroll down to kotelnikov007, he has posted a link. the package is named "aeroambe.rar". unrar and put these two files in the jaero folder. These audio channels will pop up and go down sporadically, so sit on this freq:1.546.153.359 (upper side band)for a while.good luck.
Cheers, i've had no issues receiving the audio since Jonti released the last version. The main reason i wanted to try another antenna was to try and see if i can increase the signal strength for roughly 12 or so hours that the sat wanders further north of the equator and signals are next to non existent.