Check out the specs on THESE receivers!

Talk about other SDR products like the FunCube, HackRF, BladeRF etc.
Ben321

Check out the specs on THESE receivers!

Post by Ben321 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:27 am

I don't know how much is software controlled, versus controlled from the front panels of the devices, but the specs are BEYOND AWESOME! https://www.rohde-schwarz.com/us/produc ... 63723.html
They have a handheld receiver that goes from 9kHz to 7.5GHz.
Their best receiver is a table-top receiver that has 3 configurations. The best overall configuration goes from 20kHz to 26.5GHz. It also has an alternate configuration that lets it go from 20MHz to 40GHz. It doesn't say how it's configured. Maybe it has an optional board that they install why you buy it.

The price is not listed for ANY of their products. You need to contact them for a quote. However, I'm sure it is expensive enough to bankrupt most hobbyists.

phil

Re: Check out the specs on THESE receivers!

Post by phil » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:29 pm

According to a 2013 RR post the 40GHz unit was $60,000 USD. I'll have to check down the back of the couch, but i don't think i will be getting one this year.

aurgathor

Re: Check out the specs on THESE receivers!

Post by aurgathor » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:18 pm

That could be the MSRP, and one could probably get one for a mere $50k or so nowadays.... :roll:

At my previous work place they've got a couple of R&S signal and spectrum analyzers, but I only got to use the ancient HP spectrum analyzers.