Airspy HF+ Discovery

Talk about other SDR products like the FunCube, HackRF, BladeRF etc.
P-40 Warhawk

Airspy HF+ Discovery

Post by P-40 Warhawk » Thu May 23, 2019 1:36 pm

This morning when I opened my email I saw this letter from Airspy ( Dear Airspy fans,

Thank you for your patience and your encouragement during all these years! We are pleased to announce the availability of the Airspy HF+ Discovery on pre-order. We got everything ready for delivery in about one month.

How did we come to this? Do you remember the high performance HF Pre-selector project we started a few months ago? It was an opportunity for us to Discover the full potential of the Harmonic Rejection Mixer design when used in certain conditions. With the help of our partners Itead Studio, ST Micro and friends, most notably Leif Asbrink SM5BSZ, we could squeeze a new and improved front-end with a lot of pre-selectors along with a new firmware into a state of the art radio with unprecedented performance and form factor.

We created a coupon code for you, Airspy Fans, so you can get $50 off at Itead and Airspy.US when you pre-order this unit. The coupon is limited to 100 units at each reseller, then the regular price applies. First come, first served!

Coupon: AIRSPY2019 )
Now I think it's grate that they have a improved HF+ and I ordered one . The only complaint that I have is that the Dam collage kid's couldn't leave well enough alone and keep the two RF connectors , No they had to take one way . Dam Collage Kid's

JEL

Re: Airspy HF+ Discovery

Post by JEL » Sun May 26, 2019 10:24 am

Yeah that coupon-code went below the noise-floor quick :/
It was already expired when I tried it on the 24th (so sales must be through the roof, which I believe is good since that focuses 3rd-party content-creation on this device and/or SDR# rather than scattering, thereby thinning, it across multiple devices)

They state delivery is estimated to begin in about a month, so with a bit of luck july will be like mini-Christmas for a lot of us (hopefully :) )

I actually think the one antenna-input is a good idea, since then users can choose their own option for antenna-selectors if needed. This may keep price a bit lower on the device (And also have less things that can break. After all; It IS made in China)

Anyway, I'm hoping Airspy will have a great success with this one (since if they do, so do we end-users :) )