SDR x8 and order issue

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
agks

SDR x8 and order issue

Post by agks » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:22 am

Hi,

I have 1 technical question and 1 non technical:

Technical: is KersberosSDR incremental in the sense several boards can be combined to do higher order coherent receiver (n * 4Rx) ?

Non technical: how do I get several KerberosSDR kits ? Will there be a way to purchase several kits at some point ?

Thanks and best regards

Agks

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: SDR x8 and order issue

Post by rtlsdrblog » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:19 am

We have left the potential ability to combine units to get up to 8 RX, but we have not yet been able to test this as the software is not capable of scaling this way yet.

At the moment the IGG platform only allows one order at a time for some reason. Eventually we'll move off IGG, but at the moment this project is still relatively small scale so no dedicated cart yet sorry.

agks

Post by agks » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:12 pm

Hi,

I now have my 2 Kerberos kits and I am trying to chain them so as to get 8 x Rx

What would be the correct setup to chain them both in clock and noise ?

This is what I tried but apparently not sufficient:

Kerberos 1:
- jumper as master
- noise out to noise_split_in
- noise_split_out1 to noise
- noise_split_out2 to noise of slave board (Kerberos 2)
- clock I/O to clock I/O of slave board (Kerberos 2)

Kerberos 2:
- jumper as slave
- noise and clock branched as above

Thanks in advance

agks

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:46 am

Sounds right, but what is not working? Make sure the noise cables are all of equal length. ANd that both units have their own power.

Don't forget to connect a male to male USB between the USB-A port on the two units to have them all operate off the master hub.

agks

Post by agks » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:28 am

Thank you for your reply. What did not work is that I could not properly access the slave dongles (failed to program registers among others). I suspected a power supply problem since the 2 Kerberos were powered from 2 USB ports of a same laptop. I do not know if this was the problem, so I tried to power them from a powered USB hub. But this hub itself had a power issue (my fault), I burnt it and one of the Kerberos boards.... so I can no longer experiment with 2 Kerberos until I order a new one. :cry:

I do not understand your comment about the USB A male male cable. Why do I need to operate the 2 boards off the master hub ?

agks

Post by agks » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:04 am

Hello

Is there some notice (even short, handwritten) explaining the proper configuration for chaining 2 Kerberos ?

Thanks

Agks

rn3kk

Post by rn3kk » Thu May 14, 2020 1:39 pm

How to buy Kerbereos in Russia? I'm c++ developer and ham radio operator.
I am interested in connecting to the project and trying to contribute something to it. But I can't buy this device. Can you help with buy?