General Questions about data in RTL-SDR

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
Gerry_UA

General Questions about data in RTL-SDR

Post by Gerry_UA » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:20 pm

Hi All,

I want to use RTL-SDR to achieve Doppler shift detection as well as measuring the angle of arrival. And I have several questions and hope you guys can help me:
1. Is it possible for me to get the raw(original) signal data from Kerberos since I want to process it in the Matlab? Or in other words, can I skip the Linux system and directly get the data from the Keberos?

2. Because I want to measure different signal source direction simultaneously, is it possible to show multiple DOA at the same time?

3. After we get the signal data, is it possible to get different doppler shift for different signal source respectively?

Thank you so much for your help.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: General Questions about data in RTL-SDR

Post by rtlsdrblog » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:05 am

Moved to the correct forum:

You can of course use Matlab with the Kerberos hardware, but the whole point of the Linux software is that we've already created the code to perform the sample and phase sync with the noise source. Without synchronizing, the KerberosSDR is not coherent.

If you want, you can definitely try and implement the same code in MATLAB yourself.

It is possible to get DOA from multiple signals at once (if they exist within the same 2.4 MHz bandwidth), but again you'd need to implement your own code for that. Our Linux code currently supports one signal at a time. Our sample code could be modified to support multiple signals though.