How to get the raw data of the Kerberos?

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
PerJL

How to get the raw data of the Kerberos?

Post by PerJL » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:40 pm

Greeting.

I try to use the Kerberos for some experiments and therefore I need to get the raw data of the Kerberos, I mean the data being send by the Kerberos to the PC over USB. I've been looking for the part of the demo program, which receives the data from the Kerberos, but sadly I'm not that good related to programming in python so I didn't found it. :(
So I need to ask you: Do you know any way to receive the raw data with a "simple" program (in C++ maybe) or is there any code availalbe?

Thank you! ;)

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: How to get the raw data of the Kerberos?

Post by rtlsdrblog » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:25 pm

By raw data, are you referring to the actual raw IQ samples, or the raw bearing data?

Getting the raw IQ samples is the same as with any RTL-SDR, but of course they will not have been through the correlation phase coherent correction algorithm at that point.

The raw bearing data can simply be accessed at IP_ADDR:8081/DOA_value.html

PerJL

Post by PerJL » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:26 am

Well, both if possible. ;)
These experiments might need the really raw data, so I think I need to figure out how to deal with this (I do not have much experience with RTL-SDRs.... :?: ).
Do you know some good example codes or programm for this use?

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:37 am

What exactly are you trying to do? For raw IQ data, it's best to study the code used by programs like rtl_tcp, rtl_sdr etc. Those programs can be used with the KerberosSDR too.

For DFing raw bearing data, just poll IP_ADDR:8081/DOA_value.html, and process the page like an XML file.

Docdailey

Post by Docdailey » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:24 am

how about the corrected streams? is there a way to save them or pipe them to Gnuradio? Would save me a ton of work.

Bill

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:40 am

Take a look at the download_iq_samples function in https://github.com/rtlsdrblog/kerbeross ... eceiver.py.

I don't know how you'd do it as i'm not familiar with how GNU Radio works, but you should be able to modify that to output the data to GNU Radio.

nikshep

Post by nikshep » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:21 pm

I am trying to get the raw I/Q samples from Kerberossdr for further analysis. How do we achieve that?
I would want the phase of the received signal at each antenna. How would I get that?