RTL.SDR Chinese USB Device

Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: RTL.SDR Chinese USB Device

Post by rtlsdrblog » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:04 am

bowler1956 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:43 pm
Not sure if my dongle/kit is Chinese, I bought it from the RTL-SDR.com website RTL-SDR Blog R820T2 RTL2832U 1PPM TCXO SMA Software Defined Radio with Dipole Antenna Kit, just got it today 8/21/19

I have the same error that the person above has (cannot access RTL device )

I did run the install-rtlsdr.bat and followed the startup guide. When I initially set this up everything seemed ok, then I removed the dongle for some reason (most likely to use another USB device)and when I reinserted the dongle in the same USB port that's when I got this error. I did re-run the bat file but that didn't help. When in step 10. loading the driver, I know see the following in both boxes. "WinUSB (v 6.1.7600.16385) RTL2832UUSB) on the left and right sides(see photo)is this normal?

how do I insert an image of the errors?

P.S. My dongle also gets very hot, is this normal?

Is there anyway to uninstall and start again?
Please advise.
If it's one of ours you can contact us directly at [email protected] as we can provide direct support. Might be faulty, in that case we'll issue a replacement.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:06 am

Telegraphist wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:35 pm
Well I finally got it to recognise the RTL and that was done by changing the USB cable obviously the one that came with the kit was faulty. Anyway I started to play with it and I am actually listening to Radio 2 but I have lost the screen as per the attachment. Can any help me please?????
You've probably moved the graph axes so that the spectrum can't be seen. The controls are usually on the right, but on yours they look like they've somehow been hidden. I'd suggest redownloading a fresh SDR# and starting again.

bowler1956

Post by bowler1956 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:18 am

Username wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:54 pm
I did run the install-rtlsdr.bat
since the ignore the proxy and dont show any error it will not work.
Download the File Manually and Put it into the Folder.
Ok I got it running I deleted everything and started from scratch. I was able to get AM/FM broadcast. However, if I stop it or try to exit the main program it just hangs up and I have to use the task manager to stop the process. Is there a deliquette way to exit the program so it doesn't hang?

Wayne

Telegraphist

Post by Telegraphist » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:56 pm

rtlsdrblog wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:06 am
Telegraphist wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:35 pm
Well I finally got it to recognise the RTL and that was done by changing the USB cable obviously the one that came with the kit was faulty. Anyway I started to play with it and I am actually listening to Radio 2 but I have lost the screen as per the attachment. Can any help me please?????
You've probably moved the graph axes so that the spectrum can't be seen. The controls are usually on the right, but on yours they look like they've somehow been hidden. I'd suggest redownloading a fresh SDR# and starting again.
Thanks rtlsdrblog for your help in this matter, I think I will do as you say and download a fresh SDR#

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:41 am

bowler1956 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:18 am
Username wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:54 pm
I did run the install-rtlsdr.bat
since the ignore the proxy and dont show any error it will not work.
Download the File Manually and Put it into the Folder.
Ok I got it running I deleted everything and started from scratch. I was able to get AM/FM broadcast. However, if I stop it or try to exit the main program it just hangs up and I have to use the task manager to stop the process. Is there a deliquette way to exit the program so it doesn't hang?

Wayne
Sounds like the issue is more with the software, or something on your system causing it to hang. Can you try other programs like HDSDR or SDR-Console V3, and see if they have the same issue? For SDR# sometimes .NET can get corrupt, reinstalling or repairing .NET from microsoft can help.

radiolistener

Post by radiolistener » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:41 am

since there are several peoples reported issues with SDR#, it looks like SDR# issue. Most of all it has some mistake in the code, so it fails. Try to use HDSDR it works stable.

bowler1956

Post by bowler1956 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:27 pm

Thank you. I will give the other 2 programs a try and let you know if that resolves the SDRSharp issues