Feature requests / development ideas

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
myke

Re: Feature requests / development ideas

Post by myke » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:01 am

Oh!! Another suggestion! How about a broken (Dashed) DOA blue line during an absence of receive signal?

k5cg

Post by k5cg » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:14 am

myke wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:26 pm
In the DF process, as you get closer to the source it would be beneficial to insert attenuation into the Antenna system to counter increased multipath. (of course those changes would require stopping and re-calibration with any antenna changes.)
I've thought some about this too, and I'm building an outboard pass through box for quick termination of all antennas simultaneously for calibration (and protection of the KSDR inputs for when I want to transmit). It might end up being all BNC connectors, but this external box could also be used for step attenuation. Isolation between the four distinct channels might be a challenge though. But I don't see why inserting external attenuation would require a calibration cycle if you're not actually changing the receivers.

k5cg

Post by k5cg » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:30 am

myke wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:01 am
Oh!! Another suggestion! How about a broken (Dashed) DOA blue line during an absence of receive signal?
I'd like to have filter inputs for power and confidence on the compass page. If the minimums are not met then the arrow is simply hidden. As the confidence increases over the filter threshold the color of the arrow could change from red to green. If the power is over threshold the thickness of the line increases as power increases.

OK, I know it's pie in the sky asking for stuff like this but it might spawn other ideas to help users when you're driving around trying to determine if what you are looking it is Real or Memorex (multipath).

In the meantime I'm going to edit the compass.html and increase the font size of the DOA Estimation angle, Power and confidence so I can see them on my phone while driving.
Last edited by k5cg on Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

efahrenholz

Post by efahrenholz » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:20 pm

Radio Interferometry...we are sitting on a goldmine device here. Would love to see some development for the amature radio astronomers to finally get to dip their toes in with a very inexpensive 4(!) channel coherent radio setup. I actually purchased the unit because I was looking for something to start doing interferometry and found the Kerberos. I know it's a big undertaking but you would get lots of support from the scientific community if your put some more focus on it!

GermanTerrible

Post by GermanTerrible » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:33 pm

Hello again,

I would like to propose that getting the raw coherent data will be the first improvement to be done. I suppose that it will help the open source community to start developing their own ideas.

Perhaps could it be released a tool like rtl_sdr or hackrf_transfer to export the data to a file? Then the user will do whatever he wants with it.

Thank you.