KerberosSDR Developments in 2020

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
aurgathor

Re: KerberosSDR Developments in 2020

Post by aurgathor » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:37 am

Would it be possible to replace the built in USB 2.0 hub with a USB 3.0 or better hub? And preferably with a full size USB connector, not one of those micro thingies.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:59 am

aurgathor wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:37 am
Would it be possible to replace the built in USB 2.0 hub with a USB 3.0 or better hub? And preferably with a full size USB connector, not one of those micro thingies.
RTL-SDRs are USB2.0 only devices, so no point to using a USB3.0 hub. Next version will probably be all USB-C.

aurgathor

Post by aurgathor » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:43 am

I know that very well; however, between the Kerberos' hub and the host, 4 devices have to share the same USB 2.0 bandwidth, and I think speed and latency could be improved with USB 3.0 link in there.

It may not apply to RTL-SDRs, but when I tested the speed of several USB 2.0 storage devices with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports, I got slightly higher Data Transfer Rates on USB 3.0 ports.

theodeurne

Post by theodeurne » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:05 pm

ckoval7 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:54 pm
rtlsdrblog wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:31 am
For networked operation the stop-gap idea was to get this program compatible with the KerberosSDR http://www.musther.net/RDFMapper/.

But if you're happy to open source and throw your code up on GitHub i'll help test it too.

Will be definitely keen to hear about your switch experiments too. Keep in contact either here on the forums or [email protected].
Right now, the networking code is in bits and pieces for testing of various concepts. I'll open up the repo later this year.

I've very pleased with the results from the antenna switch! I've set up the software to run an auto-calibration routine upon changing frequency. Nothing got mangled in the VHF range. I'm not sure how it will translate to the upper UHF range that people seem to use in the demo videos. There's nothing I've cared to DF in the 800MHz range.
Here are some photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/K1PndvpgotPKdeBU9
Nice PCB's where do i buy this

pstamand

Post by pstamand » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:00 pm

Would like to request a Android app feature similar to the RDPMapper, but the reverse.

I want the ability to have the android app read an additional local android file to use in its plotting. This is so I dont have to look at two screens while my copilot helps me navigate towards a target location.

i'm looking for a simple way to have remote RDF type systems capture appear within the android application.

Is this possible in some manner even if not ideal with a short timeframe?

Even if I have to stop capture and add the records to the current file the app is using... If I get the format properly, will the app simply plot those from the entries I add?

What are my options to make short work of making these extra coordinate lines visible?

I intend to place a couple fixed units in a couple places and want the Android app to be able to display those. I handling getting the data to the android device with another app and is possible just update the coordinates file. I probably utilize RDPMapper as well, but fewer screens I have to keep track of the better.

Is this a feature that you've been asked or considering?

pstamand

Post by pstamand » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:00 pm

Also, I thought I saw the android app csv file format somewhere... I can't locate it now.
What are the various fields?

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:04 am

unixtime, lat, lng, GPS travel direction bearing, compass travel direction bearing, RDF bearing, confidence, power