KerberosSDR Developments in 2020

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
k5cg

Re: KerberosSDR Developments in 2020

Post by k5cg » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:56 am

v1.6.x is awesome. Thank you for the threshold input boxes on the compass. The speed improvement is great.

In the next release could you please enable the ssh server? The only reason I need VNC Viewer is so I can get in and turn that on.

Thanks for the great product.

Kun-Narra

Post by Kun-Narra » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:03 am

HI Kerberossdr

could you add seperate example that very simple correlate SDR.
Just very simple without GUI, Android or web server.
so easily understand core function correlated SDR

guzinmf_2017

Post by guzinmf_2017 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:57 pm

Would these changes require a different KerberosSDR chassis, or would they just be part of a new image that would be loaded into the SBC. Also, will support for Pi4 continue to be included in all future image releases and updates?

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Fri May 29, 2020 9:18 am

guzinmf_2017 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:57 pm
Would these changes require a different KerberosSDR chassis, or would they just be part of a new image that would be loaded into the SBC. Also, will support for Pi4 continue to be included in all future image releases and updates?
It will have a new enclosure and shape as the PCB is changing a lot. Right now the new version will not have built in computing, so we'll still be relying on the Pi4.

Harbinger

Post by Harbinger » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:31 am

Is there a chance a future iteration of the Kerberos could come with a five SDR board? Something that could provide an integrated listening on the same frequency as the DF function would be nice instead of using a separate dongle and tuning separately. Also, any possibility of GPS being incorporated into the Pi server for geo-tagging lobs so that the system could be used without a phone?

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:27 am

Harbinger wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:31 am
Is there a chance a future iteration of the Kerberos could come with a five SDR board? Something that could provide an integrated listening on the same frequency as the DF function would be nice instead of using a separate dongle and tuning separately. Also, any possibility of GPS being incorporated into the Pi server for geo-tagging lobs so that the system could be used without a phone?
Yes this is a possibility, although with 5 units you'd probably want to use all 5 for the increased accuracy.

GPS on the server is also possible, but you would need your own USB GPS device to plug into the Pi. If you wanted to do that now, editing the code wouldn't be too difficult assuming you knew how to connect to and get data from your GPS device in Python.

VLBI_2020

Post by VLBI_2020 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:58 pm

Can the Kerberos 4 channel board accept a clock input signal? I'm exploring the possibility of using this board in a VLBI setup since my group has access to multiple hydrogen masers. Is the only way to sync the Kerberos receiver clocks with an outside source to have a separate clock breakout board take the 10MHz maser signal and solder four of its 28.8MHz outputs to the four receivers directly? Is there another way?

Stromeko

Post by Stromeko » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:02 am

VLBI_2020 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:58 pm
Can the Kerberos 4 channel board accept a clock input signal?
At least the first batch has a clock input next to channel 4, you also need to jumper the board to act as a secondary (otherwise this acts as a clock output). This functionality was/is meant for daisy-chaining two KSDR for an 8-channel setup which is still not fully supported.

WhereAmIFlying

Post by WhereAmIFlying » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:45 am

@Harbinger Unfortunately I can't send you a private message, I'm either too stupid or it's just not possible. Sorry for spamming the forum...
Harbinger wrote:
Is there a chance a future iteration of the Kerberos could come with a five SDR board? Something that could provide an integrated listening on the same frequency as the DF function would be nice instead of using a separate dongle and tuning separately.
I have "hacked" an ZMQ export into Kerberossdr which you can use to pass data to Gnuradio on demand. Drop me a mail at [email protected] if you want to have a look at it. Depending on what you want to do, this may or may not help you.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:14 am

WhereAmIFlying wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:45 am
@Harbinger Unfortunately I can't send you a private message, I'm either too stupid or it's just not possible. Sorry for spamming the forum...
Harbinger wrote:
Is there a chance a future iteration of the Kerberos could come with a five SDR board? Something that could provide an integrated listening on the same frequency as the DF function would be nice instead of using a separate dongle and tuning separately.
I have "hacked" an ZMQ export into Kerberossdr which you can use to pass data to Gnuradio on demand. Drop me a mail at [email protected] if you want to have a look at it. Depending on what you want to do, this may or may not help you.
Would you be able to release this on github etc?