Raspberry Pi 4 Compatible Image Released

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Raspberry Pi 4 Compatible Image Released

Post by rtlsdrblog » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:52 pm

Just released a ready to use IMG which should be compatible with the Pi 4 (and backwards compatible with the Pi 3/B+). Please feedback here if there are any issues.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14AVWcN ... sp=sharing

myke

Re: Raspberry Pi 4 Compatible Image Released

Post by myke » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:16 am

Anything pros / cons over the current build from github? Any benchmark (running KerberosSDR software) pi4 vs pi3?

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:53 am

The ready to use image just makes it easy for you to get the software running, and has the automatic WiFi connection to the KerberosAndroid SSID for DFing. If you can install it from GitHub yourself, you don't need it. The new image uses the latest GitHub code from a few days ago.

Pi4 is about the same speed as the Tinkerboard.

awdmesh

Post by awdmesh » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:00 am

Is the new image using buster or etch as the base for raspberry pi? For the life of me I couldn’t get a b43 Broadcom chip to connect to it nor an intel chip using the intel Linux driver. I was able to connect to it with a new Kali install with b43.. just wondering if there’s something up with the pis WiFi or if it’s just me. I’ll do some more testing with phones connecting to the pis internal WiFi.

Also wondering, could you bridge the WiFi with the eth0 port so that we can plug in instead of using WiFi and use a wired connection? I have a setup where I’m putting stationary devices and would prefer to wire them back to a central server that’s running mapping software and taking in the Kerberos lobs.

myke

Post by myke » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:12 pm

:lol: Only having a Pi3 B+ your scale of reference is still a mystery :lol: ....using the Pi3 I see RF samples captured at 400 to 700 ms .... using Tinker or Pi4 how much does that improve? Is it possible to install all required python and python modules and run KerberosSDR in 64bit mode?

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:01 am

awdmesh wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:00 am
Is the new image using buster or etch as the base for raspberry pi? For the life of me I couldn’t get a b43 Broadcom chip to connect to it nor an intel chip using the intel Linux driver. I was able to connect to it with a new Kali install with b43.. just wondering if there’s something up with the pis WiFi or if it’s just me. I’ll do some more testing with phones connecting to the pis internal WiFi.

Also wondering, could you bridge the WiFi with the eth0 port so that we can plug in instead of using WiFi and use a wired connection? I have a setup where I’m putting stationary devices and would prefer to wire them back to a central server that’s running mapping software and taking in the Kerberos lobs.
It's using buster. Wre you trying to connect to the hotspot, or have the Pi connect to the KeberosAndroid AP?

You can still plug in an Ethernet cable directly, it's already bridges.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:04 am

myke wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:12 pm
:lol: Only having a Pi3 B+ your scale of reference is still a mystery :lol: ....using the Pi3 I see RF samples captured at 400 to 700 ms .... using Tinker or Pi4 how much does that improve? Is it possible to install all required python and python modules and run KerberosSDR in 64bit mode?
What application are you using? DF or PR?

It's most useful for passive radar, where you'll see about a 0.5s improvement in FPS on the default settings. I don't recall the difference in speed in DFing mode sorry but it's certainly a few hundred ms improvement.

awdmesh

Post by awdmesh » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:17 am

I flashed back to 1.4 WiFi was fine, flashed back to the latest built for pi4 and WiFi was fine. Didn’t check the eth port but that’s good to know it’s already bridged. The only thing I can think maybe was wrong is I forgot to turn back on the external power for the Kerberos, maybe the scripts weren’t running correctly. Don’t know, but after double checking everything I connected to the Pis WiFi with 3 different devices. I’m not really looking to use the phone app now since I’m pulling in the DOA info into a different program.

awdmesh

Post by awdmesh » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:23 pm

Had time to check the eth0 port and it does not appear to be bridged to wifi0, plugging into it shows eth0 getting 169.x so I’m assuming it’s actually acting as a wan port awaiting dhcp from another source as opposed to a lan port handing out 192.168.4.x addresses. Any suggestions on lines I can add to run.sh that would disable WiFi and allow me to assign a static IP to eth0 so that it would act just like wifi0 offering up stuff on port 8080 and 8081? I have a need to network 3 Kerberos back wires to one central server that’ll also either be feed dhcp or just have a static IP itself in the range of the Pis. Either that or could you point me to where any of your scripts are bridging the interfaces so I can see where it’s going wrong?

Thanks.

awdmesh

Post by awdmesh » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:38 pm

Incase anyone needs to do something similar just comment everything in /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf and add something similar to /etc/dhcpd.conf

interface eth0

static ip_address=192.168.0.10/24
static routers=192.168.0.1
static domain_name_servers=192.168.0.1

You’ll then be able to do everything wired.