KerberosSDR dimensions and mounting

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
jgilkey

KerberosSDR dimensions and mounting

Post by jgilkey » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:26 pm

Hello,
While I'm waiting for my new KerberosSDR, I was wondering if anybody could send me the dimensions of the unit, and mounting locations. I plan on putting it into an aluminum enclosure with a Raspberry Pi and power supplies (2 simple 12v to 5v 5A supplies). This will be mounted in a vehicle. Any suggestion on cases and/or power supplies in the automotive environment would be appreciated. The goal is to have a boxed product that is permanently mounted in the vehicles, so I'd like to have the prototype be fairly close to that.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: KerberosSDR dimensions and mounting

Post by rtlsdrblog » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:48 am

I believe Syed already replied to you on the Othernet forums, can you confirm?

jgilkey

Post by jgilkey » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:24 pm

Yes, I got what I needed. Thank you :)

WA4OSH

Post by WA4OSH » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:23 pm

It's sure begging to be put into a small pelican case with its RPI, and some lithium battery packs. Buck charger down converters can be used to generate the needed 5v from a higher voltage such as a 6, 7.4 or 12v battery.

--Konrad, WA4OSH

jgilkey

Post by jgilkey » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:21 pm

WA4OSH wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:23 pm
It's sure begging to be put into a small pelican case with its RPI, and some lithium battery packs. Buck charger down converters can be used to generate the needed 5v from a higher voltage such as a 6, 7.4 or 12v battery.

--Konrad, WA4OSH
That’s a great idea! For this project though, it’ll be mounted in an enclosure in a mobile environment, so I’m putting it together with a raspberry pi, and a 5v buck converter (5a) with some noise suppression for the power supply. I’m still trying to figure out how to have it auto-tune itself on startup, but I’m sure that’ll be sorted out shortly.

Thanks!