sdr play features?

Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
nospam

sdr play features?

Post by nospam » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:02 pm

I've been tinkering with sdrplay with e4000 dongle. I think I've got it all installed properly. I've also played with SDRSHARP and HDSDR. SDRPLAY seems to be missing an obvious key feature. On HDSDR I can click drag the spectrum to any band of frequencies I want. I can't make that kind of function happen on SDRPLAY. If I want to hop 20mhz to another frequency I have to keyboard the new center frequency and go from there. I can't just drag the spectrum window around. I'm thinking that this deficiency is just some kind of operator error thing. Like maybe I need to press the shift key while click dragging the mouse or something like. Maybe I'm the oddball and no one else likes that feature?

I have looked at a LOT of SDRPLAY youtubes and I never see that operation. they always just take time to key in the new freq. Is that just the way works? No mousing around?

Username

Re: sdr play features?

Post by Username » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Try SDR# I use them and the work for me very good. 8-)

qrp

Post by qrp » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:41 am

HDSDR is the most professional and fast software. Other software have bugs and very inconvenient control for quick navigation through frequencies, modulation and bandwidth...

nospam

Post by nospam » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:28 pm

I've got an rsp on order so I was hoping I could use sdrplay. I actually prefer hdsdr but I don't think that it will manage the switching of those bandpass filters unless that's somehow built into the hardware to recognize the frequency and switch in the appropriate filter. I'm thinking only sdrplay does that. I hope I'm wrong.