KerberosSDR App and bearing server

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
awdmesh

KerberosSDR App and bearing server

Post by awdmesh » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:11 pm

Saw the announcement and scripts for integrating KerberosSDR into the bearing server software. I believe there’s going to be a lot of interest in this and I was wondering, should you choose to allow the android app to output all its info (assuming gps heading bearings etc) to a 3rd party bearing server, would be willing to share the output formate so that it could be adopted to work with other self hosted bearing or mapping software? Thanks

Streets814

Re: KerberosSDR App and bearing server

Post by Streets814 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:14 pm

awdmesh wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:11 pm
Saw the announcement and scripts for integrating KerberosSDR into the bearing server software. I believe there’s going to be a lot of interest in this and I was wondering, should you choose to allow the android app to output all its info (assuming gps heading bearings etc) to a 3rd party bearing server, would be willing to share the output formate so that it could be adopted to work with other self hosted bearing or mapping software? Thanks
If you are referring to the script that works with RDF Mapper ( http://www.musther.net/RDFMapper/ ) then you should be able to share with other mappers/users. The RDF mapper is supposed to work as a server as well. The documentation is at http://www.musther.net/RDFMapper/RDFMapperDoc.pdf. The coordinates, if i am not mistaken, is saved to a simple text file.

As for the android app I would love for it to work with the mapper as well but I am still quite a bit behind. While I have my Kerberos in hand I need to get more antenna's and cable to start playing around.

awdmesh

Re: KerberosSDR App and bearing server

Post by awdmesh » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:47 am

Yep that’s it. Great work! Using some internal software at the moment but I’ll definitely buy it and try it out. Really looking forward to the possibility of the app outputting info for 3rd party servers.