KerberosSDR App and bearing server

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
awdmesh

KerberosSDR App and bearing server

Post by awdmesh » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:11 pm

Saw the announcement and scripts for integrating KerberosSDR into the bearing server software. I believe there’s going to be a lot of interest in this and I was wondering, should you choose to allow the android app to output all its info (assuming gps heading bearings etc) to a 3rd party bearing server, would be willing to share the output formate so that it could be adopted to work with other self hosted bearing or mapping software? Thanks

Streets814

Re: KerberosSDR App and bearing server

Post by Streets814 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:14 pm

awdmesh wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:11 pm
Saw the announcement and scripts for integrating KerberosSDR into the bearing server software. I believe there’s going to be a lot of interest in this and I was wondering, should you choose to allow the android app to output all its info (assuming gps heading bearings etc) to a 3rd party bearing server, would be willing to share the output formate so that it could be adopted to work with other self hosted bearing or mapping software? Thanks
If you are referring to the script that works with RDF Mapper ( http://www.musther.net/RDFMapper/ ) then you should be able to share with other mappers/users. The RDF mapper is supposed to work as a server as well. The documentation is at http://www.musther.net/RDFMapper/RDFMapperDoc.pdf. The coordinates, if i am not mistaken, is saved to a simple text file.

As for the android app I would love for it to work with the mapper as well but I am still quite a bit behind. While I have my Kerberos in hand I need to get more antenna's and cable to start playing around.

awdmesh

Post by awdmesh » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:47 am

Yep that’s it. Great work! Using some internal software at the moment but I’ll definitely buy it and try it out. Really looking forward to the possibility of the app outputting info for 3rd party servers.

awdmesh

Post by awdmesh » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:43 am

The new android app mentions it can upload info to the bearing server now. I haven’t seen it in action, but will it be uploading gps and heading data (icons moving) along with the LOBs in near real time? I have a drone near complete with all hardware mounted just to see how it performs and instead of just remote viewing the phone screen I’d love to have the data streamed onto a mapping program.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:08 am

Yes it uploads your coords and the live bearing to an RDF Mapper server, and then you can view your location and bearing in RDF Mapper. In the instructions of RDF mapper you'll see the public server which you can use. Just enter that server address into the RDF Mapper settings in the Android App and it will upload at the apps polling rate.

RDF Mapper purchase page: http://www.musther.net/RDFMapper/

IMO, RDF Mapper is pretty basic with no history, heatmaps etc, so next year we'll be working on a PC port of our Android apps mapping features as well. That will probably be a paid program like RDF Mapper, but we won't charge too much, probably a similar price.

Please let me know how it goes if you try it, I haven't had a chance to field test this yet due to bad weather.

awdmesh

Post by awdmesh » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:29 am

Absolutely and that’s great news to hear. I haven’t tried rdfmapper yet as we’ve been using some internal software but what I’m hoping to test in the coming weeks is literally running everything to include the phone on a drone platform. What about incorporating gps, compass and other sensors onto the pi and have your external server do the processing? Maybe that’s what your getting at when you say you’ll have a PC port of the android app? That’ll be great.

Streets814

Post by Streets814 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:00 pm

rtlsdrblog wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:08 am
Yes it uploads your coords and the live bearing to an RDF Mapper server, and then you can view your location and bearing in RDF Mapper. In the instructions of RDF mapper you'll see the public server which you can use. Just enter that server address into the RDF Mapper settings in the Android App and it will upload at the apps polling rate.

RDF Mapper purchase page: http://www.musther.net/RDFMapper/

IMO, RDF Mapper is pretty basic with no history, heatmaps etc, so next year we'll be working on a PC port of our Android apps mapping features as well. That will probably be a paid program like RDF Mapper, but we won't charge too much, probably a similar price.

Please let me know how it goes if you try it, I haven't had a chance to field test this yet due to bad weather.

Any chance at making the app or something for raspberry pi that works off line? Maybe openstreetmap? A lot of the idea behind radio and h use is when the infrastructure is down or not usable. Relying on cell coverage and data to load the maps is a crutch especially if fox hunting in poor cell coverage.

PERILLOS

Post by PERILLOS » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:04 am

Hello
RDF Mapping on the go with kerberos does it work or only at a fixed station?

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:58 am

PERILLOS wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:04 am
Hello
RDF Mapping on the go with kerberos does it work or only at a fixed station?
Yes if you use the upload feature via the Android app it will work on the go and take your GPS coordinates.

PERILLOS

Post by PERILLOS » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:18 pm

Hello

I bought RDF Mapper and I can't see my mobile station
on the map.
Kerberos SDR on my smartphone does not communicate with the RDF Mapper server
I give it the server address, the name of my station, and upload to Rdf Mapper on.
But nothing is happening.
On RDF Mapper I give it the same address of the server, the same name of my station.
He tells me Dowload OK. (RDF Mapper communicates with the server)
At the bottom of the screen he tells me
"Station not found on server".
The problem would come from the software on the smartphone which does not communicate with the RDFMapper server?
My smartphone is good for connection sharing.
I do not understand.
Ideas?

Thank you