I'm having difficulty getting a RTL-SDR Blog v3 dongle working properly. There are several forum posts similar, but none of the solutions in them seemed to help my situation. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
What I want to do:
Get my RTL-SDR Blog v3 dongle working on a Windows 7 x64 system (Ryzen 2700X/Asrock x470 Master SLI/AC) for SDR using SDR# (or HDSDR)
What I have done:
- Downloaded latest SDR# (32 bit and 64 bit) and HDSDR (32 bit)
- Installed .NET 4.8
- Installed WinUSB drivers using zadig 2.4 (my system enumerates the dongle as the Realtek Composite device, and block devices 0 and 1 -- I have tried installing the WinUSB driver on the composite device, the block device 0 and both the composite and block device 0 all with no success)
- Installed the rtlsdr.dll driver in the SDR# directory (using 32 bit versions for 32 bit # and 64 for 64)
- Installed ExtIO and rtlsdr dlls in HDSDR directory
- SDR# has no devices listed in the configuration drop-down list for RTL-SDR (USB) inputs.
- HDSDR says "No RTLSDR devices found"
- The dongle works fine on SDR# and HDSDR on a separate (Intel/x58) system.
- The dongle works fine on a Linux virtual machine (linux drivers/CubicSDR) running on top of Windows 7 on the Ryzen machine
- The dongle works fine with the DVB-T drivers installed (using SmartDVB) on the Win 7 Ryzen machine (I have nothing to tune to, being in the USA, but everything seems in working order)
- I have uninstalled old drivers and devices and rebooted whenever changing drivers
- I have tried installing drivers/running SDR# and HDSDR in safe mode
- I have tried various other dlls from form posts here viewtopic.php?t=4411 and here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4710&start=20
- I have verified SDR# works by tuning to an Airspy server on the Ryzen machine
- I have disabled various software that might have interfered (Realtek audio manager, etc) with no success
- Tried multiple different USB ports
Thanks in advance!