External antenna switches for the first units

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
GermanTerrible

External antenna switches for the first units

Post by GermanTerrible » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:35 am

Hello,

Please, do you think it could be possible to make available external antenna switches for the first KerberosSDR hardware version? Perhaps they could be activated from the external USB ports. If you could make them available from your store in the future, I would buy them if not too expensive.

I know that there are not many units of the first version, I am not sure if the idea is good enough, but please consider it just in case the work can be reused for the next batches, when the antenna switches will be incorporated.

What do you think about it, could it be feasible? If not, could you let us know if there is any way to get a wire from inside, to control our own switches? Thank you very much in advance anyway.

Regards.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: External antenna switches for the first units

Post by rtlsdrblog » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:10 am

Yes this should be possible. Waiting on delivery now of a prototype that would be controlled via the GPIO on a Raspberry Pi. It should also be possible to control it via the noise source GPIO on the KSDR board, but that may require soldering.

k2gc

Post by k2gc » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:57 am

I too would like such a setup. I had considered making my own, but would much rather purchase something. minor soldering isnt an issue.

KD7CAO

Post by KD7CAO » Sat May 23, 2020 11:19 pm

Where do we get the RF Switches for the version 2? I keep hearing from others that have these units that they have it, but locating them is difficult. I heard that someone has written a custom code add-on that switches the port to the terminator for calibration and back to the antennas when done.