spyserver on 64-bit arm without compiling anything.

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
Timpanogos Slim

spyserver on 64-bit arm without compiling anything.

Post by Timpanogos Slim » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:17 am

A while back i bought an orange pi pc2 before I knew that the gpu on the allwinner H5 SOC is not well supported and probably never will be so this is not a good board for watching videos on.

I think it could be a good way to serve up multiple usb sdrs to my local network because it has gigabit ethernet and because the H5 (and other H series allwinner SOCs) have multiple usb host adapters instead of having all four usb ports share a hub with the ethernet as you'd have on a raspberry pi 3.

I did find that post on the limesdr blog about compiling libraries for armhf to support spyserver. It didn't work. In part because you also need to have libusb compiled for armhf.

It turns out that debian has built-in support for multiple concurrent architectures.

So, I'm assuming that if you are reading this, you are using a recent version of armbian or other debian/ubuntu derived linux on a 64-bit arm platform like an allwinner H5 or H6 or A64, or an ODroid XU4, or Rock64, or similar.

This is from memory, so hit me up if you have issues trying to repeat my success.

You can read more about the general theory at https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/HOWTO

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libairspy0:armhf librtlsdr0:armhf libusb1.0-0:armhf libstdc++6:armhf 
And then because Youssef is too clever for dynamic loaders:

Code: Select all

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/librtlsdr.so.0 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/librtlsdr.so