GUI modification

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
nucleolus

GUI modification

Post by nucleolus » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:13 pm

I want to integrate some extra algorithms into the demo software. Therefore I tried to add a new tab in the GUI using QT 4 Designer opening "Main_hydra_dev.ui", changed the layout, saved it, converted it to a python script executing the "convert.sh" script. Unfortunately this does not work, after starting the application an error message occurs telling that some button object is missing. After looking at the graphical layout with QT 4 Designer again I see that the "uniform gain" checkbox is missing and some more features.

Does anyone has an idea whether the ui-file may be outdated or did I miss to change some configurations in the QT 4 Designer? Thanks for any response.

ckoval7

Re: GUI modification

Post by ckoval7 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:13 pm

You're better off directly modifying the existing python file. When I added the uniform gain and a few other things, I quickly realized the existing python GUI files were already heavily modified. It's organized pretty well at least, so it's not too hard to do. Running that script with the output of QT Designer just makes a messy file anyway.