Need guidance on KerberosSDR power port

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
ve3tkb

Need guidance on KerberosSDR power port

Post by ve3tkb » Thu May 28, 2020 4:40 am

Hello.

Been having issues getting my KSDR to sync. All appears to work and I read previous posts about it needing
its own power and not relying on the Pi-4 to power it. Fair enough. I plugged in a separate adapter to the middle external power connector but nothing lights up in the KerberosSDR. I continue and hook it up to the Pi, It boots fine but the main Screen still says no Update rate and nothing seems to be happening. Am I missing something?

Terry

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: Need guidance on KerberosSDR power port

Post by rtlsdrblog » Fri May 29, 2020 9:17 am

What external power source are you using / what are the specs on it? Makes sure it's a high quality one. The Kerberos relies on that power source so it needs to be a good one.

If you plug in only the power you should see a white light illuminate inside. If nothing then something is wrong with the power source.

ve3tkb

Post by ve3tkb » Sat May 30, 2020 4:47 am

Thanks for the Reply.

My 3.5 amp Pi PSU gets all Blue lights going when plugged into the data port via the Pi and RTL_SDRtest reports all 4 units there.

However, the Power Port on the KSDR unit seems to be dead despite me trying 5 amp 5-volt dc Battery Also tried a Lab quality Power Supply set at 5.0 volts and 4 amps available. If I plug these same supplies into the Data Port of the KSDR the white light comes on. But not when switching it back to the power port. No white light and no current draw on the ammeter.

New Quality USB Cables too.

Hope this helps

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:32 am

If there's no light when it you plug in power, perhaps that port has broken...contact us at [email protected] and [email protected] and we'll troubleshoot a little more and if dead offer a replacement.