Urgent -- Configuration Issues

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
sunyubmicrog

Urgent -- Configuration Issues

Post by sunyubmicrog » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:37 pm

Using most recent batch of Kerberos with Pi 4. Following this tutorial, and have successfully loaded software to SD and connected to KerberosPi wifi. However, once setting configurations and click 'start processing' (see around 3:50s in video), no information is displayed in a spectral graph, and 'update rate' remains at -ms, with no fluctuation. The page does seem to be trying to grab data.

If this helps identify the issue, receiver configuration will let me check 'enable sync display' and 'noise source on/off', but when update is clicked, nothing is display and 'noise source on/off' becomes unchecked.

Could this be a hardware/software issue, or am I missing some vital component of the configuration install?

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: Urgent -- Configuration Issues

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:20 am

How are you powering the KerberosSDR? Sounds like a power issue.

ve3tkb

Post by ve3tkb » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:20 am

Mine is doing the same thing no matter what I do. Multiple batteries, power supplies, adapters, and all a steady 5 volts at 5 amps available. The unit refuses to work with the software. I shelved it for now. Good luck to you!

sunyubmicrog

Post by sunyubmicrog » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:14 pm

Thank you for your replies!

Power supply from a standard wall outlet with a wall adapter rated at 5V, 3A. Cables are both Micro USB to USB between adapter -> SDR, and SDR -> Pi 4. Pi is connected to Macbook by USB-C. Perhaps the cables aren't good enough for data transfer? Where might I find a 'high quality' cable, this was all they had at Best Buy.

Want to confirm 5V, 3A supply is needed for the most recent batch (the ones which switched back from USB-C additional power to Micro USB)?

Harbinger

Post by Harbinger » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:21 pm

Inside the Kerberos look for 2 different lights, a white LED near the power port and blue LEDs near the rear. You want to see both before trying to configure.

sunyubmicrog

Post by sunyubmicrog » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:33 pm

@Harbinger, thanks! These LEDs confirmed for most recent Kerberos batch? The kind which reverted back to both Micro USB rather than USB-C for additional power.

Only asking cause I bought a cable I thought was going to work and still having issues, & the wall adapter rated for the power requirements. Should I perhaps look for an adapter with a slightly higher amperage than 3A?

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:03 am

It's more about the quality of the power supply than the total amperage. Some supplies say 3A, but in reality can't handle more than 1A.

DId you try troubleshooting with rtl_test? Can you run four instances of rtl_test at the same time?