Automatic Syncing Script

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
yahelwa

Automatic Syncing Script

Post by yahelwa » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:47 pm

I started messing around with figuring out how to automate the syncing and configuration process and came up with this python script. It uses Selenium to navigate and access the kerberosSDR's webpages to configure/sync everything. As of now it configures the kerberosSDR to whatever values are defined at the beginning of the script, so modify those to your own use! It then conducts a sample sync/calibrates the IQ and then disables the noise source. DOA is then enabled using the MUSIC algorithm and the browser closes. At this point you should be able to plug in your antennas and use DOA functionalities. I have been testing it with a Raspberry Pi 4 on the latest v1.6.1 stock image and it runs fine but make a back up of your Pi image if you need to in case anything happens. I just thought I'd share in case it might help anyone and am open to feedback!

https://github.com/Yehia-Helwa/KerberosSDR-Automation

To use it you need to install some dependencies:
sudo pip3 install selenium
sudo apt-get install chromium-chromedriver

To run: (check below before running)
Download and unzip automate.py file to Pi through whatever means you want
Open up terminal and cd to wherever the script is located
Run it using - python3 automate.py

Before you run it make sure:
You open up the script and change the variables at the top to whatever settings you want inputted
Nothing or 50 ohm terminals are connected to antenna inputs
Raspberry Pi has had enough time to start the kerberos software
Best to run from clean boot or after rebooting software

Shoutout to the KerberosSDR team for their great work!

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: Automatic Syncing Script

Post by rtlsdrblog » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:50 am

Excellent, thanks for the very nice work! I'll pin this to the top in case others want to try it.

In an advanced future version of the code we're hoping to have everything fully automated. It should be ready before the end of the year.

yahelwa

Re: Automatic Syncing Script

Post by yahelwa » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:24 pm

If you guys are interested I've just finished a much faster version that automates using Chrome's puppeteer API allowing for a headless browser. I successfully included it in the run.sh startup script and am personally using it so the kerberos starts up synced and enabled on DOA. Also if anyone is running into any issues using the Selenium implementation you might have to modify the code based on the IP address your kerberos uses for web control.