SPECTRAN V6 with 245MHz IQ streaming via USB?

Talk about other SDR products like the FunCube, HackRF, BladeRF etc.
SDR-Marx

SPECTRAN V6 with 245MHz IQ streaming via USB?

Post by SDR-Marx » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:40 am

Hi folks!

I just found this new USB SDR from Aaronia: https://aaronia.com/downloads/#tab_4

How can they stream 245MHz IQ via USB? I dont get it.

Whats the price tag?

Stromeko

Re: SPECTRAN V6 with 245MHz IQ streaming via USB?

Post by Stromeko » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:19 pm

SDR-Marx wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:40 am
I just found this new USB SDR from Aaronia: https://aaronia.com/downloads/#tab_4

How can they stream 245MHz IQ via USB? I dont get it.

Whats the price tag?
Dual USB3.2 gives you 2x2x10Gibit/s raw bandwidth to play with (assuming they use lane bonding), and streaming 2x16bitx245MHz "only" needs 7.3Gibit/s (one channel, they offer up to 2xRX / 1xTX). Protocol overhead removed two RX channels at the maximum rate pretty much max out the usable bandwidth across the two USB3.2 connections if no lane bonding was used, so for accomodating the TX simlutaneously you need that at least on one of the two interfaces. Of course that doesn't help at all unless the host end can keep up with those kind of data rates, so the two USB endpoints likely need to terminate directly in the CPU/chipset that should then also have a few more lanes to spare for storage / networking.

As for the price, their shop says "on request", which usually is code for "if you have to ask you can't afford it". Based on the technical data I'd guess it starts somewhere in the low-mid five-digit € range, but you can probably fly past the six-digit thereshold when you max out all options.

SDR-Marx

Post by SDR-Marx » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:47 pm

Ah, so they combine two USB ports. Got it, thanks a lot for that hint.

Just found a price of 3500 Euros at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... ned_radios but i have no idea if this is the fully loaded version, I dont think so. I would guess it is the RSA 250X so limited to 80MHz RTBW and if this is the case it might only need one USB port.

Username

Post by Username » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:38 am

As for the price, their shop says "on request", which usually is code for "if you have to ask you can't afford it".
i called the German sales team last year and the where very arrogant to me. The accused me to want decode Mil Stuff who is hilley illegal....
I am done with that Company! :evil:

Alvinthild

SPECTRAN V6 with 245MHz IQ streaming via USB

Post by Alvinthild » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:07 pm

Hi, Im looking at trying IPTV via PC, i there anything software wise that I can use it to have a channel list and also to set recordings.

Thanks in advance.