Help please I cannot get my RTL-SDR to work... suggestion?

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
tim_rtd

Re: Help please I cannot get my RTL-SDR to work... suggestion?

Post by tim_rtd » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:55 am

On that SDRuno snap.... you're tuned to 7Mhz. It looks like you may have it working...except the silver V3 dongle can't go that low in freq without direct sample mode turned on or an upconverter unit. Try something in the FM broadcast band. In addition, it would be helpful to see the OPT Button/ select input selector..that also where direct sampling would be turned on....

I'm a little stumped on the sdr console not seeing rtl dongle.....unless its still being used by sdruno or other application ??

(edit) After looking at your picture closely, I see you have managed to turn on direct sampling... seeing the cmd line window. I will tell you that direct sampling mode is very insensitive and requires a pretty good antenna. In direct sampling mode ....rf gain mode is unavailable or grayed out... good luck , have fun...

sorensenbrad

Re: Help please I cannot get my RTL-SDR to work... suggestion?

Post by sorensenbrad » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:12 pm

is this what you were looking for? At this point I just want to get SDRuno working and not multitask.

I did not turn on direct sampling (at least not intentionally) how to turn off?
Also I have 2 other questions if I'm in mhz how do I change to khz...
When I look at the user manual there are some options I don't have in my SDRuno main window, including the rf gain slider which I cant find anywhere,... why is this?
Attachments
2020-09-09_11-55-43.jpg
2020-09-09_11-55-43.jpg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 450 times

sorensenbrad

Help please I cannot get my RTL-SDR to work... suggestion?

Post by sorensenbrad » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:51 pm

I F*@ked everything up... I reinstalled sdruno and sdr console.
I'm more than willing to setup a webex so someone can take a look at what the hell Ive done.
I'm so new to this I'm dangerous.

This being said I'm not sure how but I got Airspy SDR# v1.0.0.1740 to work on FM only. SDR# ecstatically is pretty lame looking.

let me know if anyone will help via webex all I will need is email address to invite.