New Networked DFing software

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
awdmesh

Re: New Networked DFing software

Post by awdmesh » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:26 pm

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner - I ran with the software I had but now I have time to setup your fork and get knowledgeable on it before the next class. I’ll also check up on how to feed it tile map information. That’ll be great!

awdmesh

Post by awdmesh » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:31 pm

To do the offline maps that’s assuming I’m running cesium on my own server, which I guess I’d have to change some of your code to look at my server versus the online commercial cesium server?

ckoval7

Post by ckoval7 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:30 am

awdmesh wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:31 pm
To do the offline maps that’s assuming I’m running cesium on my own server, which I guess I’d have to change some of your code to look at my server versus the online commercial cesium server?
Yes, you'll just have to change some of the code around here: https://github.com/ckoval7/df-aggregato ... um.tpl#L19

Code: Select all

var viewer = new Cesium.Viewer('cesiumContainer', {
      terrainProvider: Cesium.createWorldTerrain(),
      homeButton: false,
      timeline: false
 });
They seem to have stuff pretty well documented.

In other news, my fork of the KSDR software now has gpsd integration!

awdmesh

Post by awdmesh » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:26 pm

Minus the gpsd connection, I have it up and running with one KerberosSDr.

I’m running your extended 20.04 based software on a laptop with the IP manually set in the .run sh file.

I have a cesium token and your software running on the same laptop port 8083. A connection is made with the KerberosSDr software and I’ve been able to pull up the map. I’m assuming single bearing lines are not supposed to be drawn on the map but instead the shaded area like in your images is created by several KerberosSDr all working together.

This looks amazing. I’ll have to get more devices setup and also try the gpsd connection.

ckoval7

Post by ckoval7 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:11 pm

awdmesh wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:26 pm
Minus the gpsd connection, I have it up and running with one KerberosSDr.

I’m running your extended 20.04 based software on a laptop with the IP manually set in the .run sh file.

I have a cesium token and your software running on the same laptop port 8083. A connection is made with the KerberosSDr software and I’ve been able to pull up the map. I’m assuming single bearing lines are not supposed to be drawn on the map but instead the shaded area like in your images is created by several KerberosSDr all working together.

This looks amazing. I’ll have to get more devices setup and also try the gpsd connection.
At the moment it doesn't draw LOBs from individual receivers. It's on the to-do list, but not very high on it. It only stores and displays computed intersections.