NESDR SMArt problems with SDR#

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
IZ0CDM

NESDR SMArt problems with SDR#

Post by IZ0CDM » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:10 pm

Hello all, just received a NESDR SMArt and proceeded to install it on my fresh new notebook (1 month of life) running Win10. I already plugged an Airspy R2 with no problem working with SDR#. To install the NESDR, I carefully followed the instruction of the Nooelec site: download zadig, plug the NESDR, open Zadig, choose Bulk-in interface 0 and so on. As a result, when I plug the NESDR, the notebook sees it as a IR keyboard and SRD# simply can't see it (with no error notifications; I choose "RTL/SDR USB (original)" and the SDR# starts but no radio signals from the NESDR). No way to change that configuration. Tried to reinstall the driver with Zadig as "composite parent" device, but no joy.
My problem is just similar to that shown on this thread: https://forums.radioreference.com/threa ... -2.377719/
Some ideas, please? Tnx a lot!
73 de IZ0CDM

IZ0CDM

Re: NESDR SMArt problems with SDR#

Post by IZ0CDM » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:54 pm

An update to the thread: I was able to disinstall the device as keyboard simply by going to Control Panel/Hardware/Devices, then choose the device, right click and "disinstall device". As a result, the RTL-SDR now is no more seen as a keyboard, but the sdr# still won't see it. The NESDR seems correctly installed using the same drivers as Airspy and the USB port2 (Airspy USB port3) with the same WinUSB drivers, but sdr# can't see it. Tried to run the NESDR with CubicSDR but still no joy. Seems that the NESDR is treated by the SDR softwares as an unknown device. Pse help, thanks!

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: NESDR SMArt problems with SDR#

Post by rtlsdrblog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:25 am

DId you run the install-rtlsdr.bat file in SDR#?

Please try our guide at www.rtl-sdr.com/QSG , There is also a troubleshooting section after which covers most issues.

IZ0CDM

Re: NESDR SMArt problems with SDR# SOLVED

Post by IZ0CDM » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:02 pm

Yes rtlsdrblog , I checked your guide just after my last message and everything has been fixed! I omitted to run the install-rtlsdr batch file. I recommend all the newbies with nesdr NOT TO follow the instructions at the nooelec website. They're totally useless with sdrsharp. You have to run the install-rtlsdr.bat file before running zadig (from the sdr# folder). Thank you!
73 de IZ0CDM