RTL SDR NOAA weather sat decoding

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
helmdude

Re: RTL SDR NOAA weather sat decoding

Post by helmdude » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:56 pm

Well I found where the wxtoimg config file is stored (even after uninstall)...it is under c:/Users/.../AppData/Roaming. I deleted it and uninstalled everything (SDR#, VB audio and wxtoimg) and then reinstalled. Image looks exactly the same (choppy random sync loss). It is not a calibration issue or a wxtoimg problem as the recorded audio *.wav file looks the same when another person tries to decode the recorded audio...so the problem is with the dongle or SDR# (or the drivers). I'm really not a software guy so I have no clue how to fix this. My next task will be to install everything on another computer.

Also, not sure anyone knows the answer to this...SDR# never shows the correct frequency anymore. Is this a common problem?

rjmura

Re: RTL SDR NOAA weather sat decoding

Post by rjmura » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:00 pm

what i meant was to write down all your settings, such as text options, type of image, recording options, so you can set up wxtoimg the way you like it. when you reinstall wxtoimg, all the settings will return to defaults.

try installing wxtoimg in a different directory. i used to have it in my program files, but now have it in my documents folder.