SDR# doesn't connect to RTL-SDR2832 v3

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
Larrie07

SDR# doesn't connect to RTL-SDR2832 v3

Post by Larrie07 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:43 pm

Installing SDR# onto a HP Stream 7 tablet running Windows 10 - freshly installed. Added in the .NET framework X86 version 5 from Microsoft website (Stream 7 is 32 bit). Downloaded the zip file for the program and unpacked. Ran the install_rtl.bat file, then ran zadig program to install the driver. Everything seemed to work fine. No errors reported. Start SDR program, select the RTL-SDR usb as the device. Click start device and get "No Device Found" error. Click on the gear wheel icon, and the device field is blank and grayed out. Check Window's device manager and under USB devices found Bulk-in interface 0 listed with the correct driver. Also noted that there is another entry in the Device Manager called "Other Devices" which indicated that a Bulk-in interface has no driver. Attempted to find one via Windows Update Driver but none were found. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and repeated the the Zadig driver installation. Seem response.

I looked on the internet and found several posting about this issue and followed all the suggested fixes but none have worked. The HP Stream 7 has only one USB port, so I cannot change to different one, which some have reported fixes the issue.

Any suggestions of what the issue may be and how to fix it?

vanimrod

Re: SDR# doesn't connect to RTL-SDR2832 v3

Post by vanimrod » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:31 pm

Larrie07 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:43 pm
Installing SDR# onto a HP Stream 7 tablet running Windows 10 - freshly installed. Added in the .NET framework X86 version 5 from Microsoft website (Stream 7 is 32 bit). Downloaded the zip file for the program and unpacked. Ran the install_rtl.bat file, then ran zadig program to install the driver. Everything seemed to work fine. No errors reported. Start SDR program, select the RTL-SDR usb as the device. Click start device and get "No Device Found" error. Click on the gear wheel icon, and the device field is blank and grayed out. Check Window's device manager and under USB devices found Bulk-in interface 0 listed with the correct driver. Also noted that there is another entry in the Device Manager called "Other Devices" which indicated that a Bulk-in interface has no driver. Attempted to find one via Windows Update Driver but none were found. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and repeated the the Zadig driver installation. Seem response.

I looked on the internet and found several posting about this issue and followed all the suggested fixes but none have worked. The HP Stream 7 has only one USB port, so I cannot change to different one, which some have reported fixes the issue.

Any suggestions of what the issue may be and how to fix it?
I'm having the same issue. I just bought my RTL-SDR from Amazon. I reloaded using the ZADIG driver installer. Everything seems fine the device shows us in Device Manager and in the System Settings under the heading Bluetooth and Other Devices.

Am I missing a step...???

VA Nimrod

vanimrod

Post by vanimrod » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:05 pm

Reread docs and downloaded donnet 5 Runtime. Now everything is working. Hurrah.

VA Nimrod

Larrie07

Post by Larrie07 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:38 am

I re-install .NET 5.03 X86 (only version that will load on HP Stream 7) and no help. Still have the "Device no Found" error. Clicking on the gear icon, the next window still has the device box grayed out. Are there any known issues with the x86 version of .NET?