A new command line program for the RTL-SDR called RTL-SDR Airband has recently been released. The program can be used to simultaneously monitor multiple AM channels per dongle. It is intended to be used with online streaming services like liveatc.net which provide live audio streams of air traffic control communications around the world.
Its features include
- Decode multiple AM channels per dongle (within bandwidth frequency range)
- Auto squelch and Automatic Gain Control
- MP3 encoding
- Stream to Icecast or SHOUTcast server
- Low CPU usage on Windows (<4% on i5-2430m) thanks to SSE and AVX instructions
- FFT using GPU on Raspberry Pi (50-55% CPU with default clock)