Vasilli has recently released the SDR# TETRA plugin on his website RTL-SDR.RU (note that the site is in Russian, but can be translated with the Google Translate option in the top right of the page). Previously it was only available via ever changing forum links, so it's good to see that it has a permanent home now for the latest version. This plugin allows you to listen to TETRA digital voice via SDR#, without needing to set up any complicated GNU Radio based receivers which were necessary in the past.
The features include (note Translated from Russian):
- Receiving a signal from the BS band 25kHz and modulation Pi / 4-DQPSK;
- Automatic adjustment of the reception frequency;
- Displays information about the BS;
- Displays ISSI, GSSI subscribers in the channels (for open channels only);
- Displays a service exchange network (for open channels only);
- It allows you to listen to the channels in manual or automatic mode selection (only open channels);
- It allows to filter and distribute the listening priority specified for groups (GSSI);
- It displays a message with the location (just a short message format)
The current features not yet implemented are:
- And listen to correctly display any encoded information in a network;
- Display SDS type 4 (short messages);
- Record audio from the channels (menu added, but does not work);
We also note that as discussed in a previous post there is a companion program for this plugin called TETRA Trunk Tracker.