New Elad FDM-S3 Specifications and Photos
The Elad FDM-S3 is an upcoming high performance Hf speciality SDR that is expected to be released this year with a price of 949.90 € ($1040 USD). Over on the swling.com blog, and the Elad website we've seen some recently released information about the new specs.
- – WIDEBAND DIRECT SAMPLING RECEIVER – --
JAN 2020 SPECIFICATIONS
- 2 switchable HF Antenna inputs direct sampling
- 1 VHF Antenna input direct sampling
- Works with FDM-SW2 ELAD Software & SDR Console
- Optional: Antenna RF input downconversion (50MHz - 2GHz preview)
- Real Time I/Q Stream Bandwidth 192khz, 384KHz, 1536KHz, 12880KHz, 24576KHz
- 122.88 MSPS - 98.304 MSPS 16bit A/D converter
- Clock synchronized to GNSS Global Navigation Satellite System or 10MHz Ext Ref
- GNSS works with GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BEIDOU
- Auxiliary USB used to monitor GPS status or for clock firmware updates
- 10MHz Clock reference Output
- 10MHz internal standart TCXO 100ppb referenced, optional 3ppb OCXO referenced
Compared to the FDM-S2 the FDM-S3 looks to have significantly increased bandwidth, meaning now that almost the entire HF spectrum could be monitored. ALso the optional built in downconverter would allow tuning up to 2 GHz, where it was previously limited to only 160 MHz on the FDM-S2. The new GNSS referenced clock and improved TCXO/OCXO is also going to mean significantly improved frequency stability.