The Airspy software defined radio recently completed its first round of 400 pre-orders. Now the second round of pre-orders has become available over on the manufacturers web store. It is priced at $199 USD and they expect the orders to be shipped around the middle of December.
If you were unaware the Airspy is an RX only SDR developed by the author of the SDR# software. It has a tuning range of 24 MHz to 1.7 GHz, up to 10 MHz of instantaneous bandwidth and a 12-bit ADC. The full list of features is shown below.
- Continuous 24 – 1750 MHz RX range with no gaps
- 3.5 dB NF between 42 and 1002 MHz
- Tracking RF filters
- 35dBm IIP3 RF front end
- 12bit ADC @ 20 MSPS (80dB Dynamic Range, 64dB SNR, 10.4 ENOB) – Yeah, size does matter.
- Up to 80 MSPS for custom applications
- Cortex M4F @ up to 204MHz with Multi Core support (dual M0)
- 1.5 ppm high precision, low phase noise clock
- 1 RTC clock (for packet time-stamping)
- External clock input (10 MHz to 100 MHz via MCX connector) – Ideal for phase coherent radios
- 10 MHz panoramic spectrum view with 9MHz alias/image free
- IQ or Real, 16bit fixed or 32bit float output streams
- No IQ imbalance, DC offset or 1/F noise at the center of the spectrum that plagues all the other SDRs
- Extension ports: 16 x SGPIO
- 1 x RF Input (SMA)
- 1 x RF Output (Loopthrough, U-FL)
- 2 x High Speed ADC inputs (up to 80 MSPS, U-FL)
- 4.5v software switched Bias-Tee to power LNA’s and up/down-converters