AISRec is an RTL-SDR (and now Airspy) compatible AIS (automatic identification system) dual channel decoder. AIS is an acronym for Automatic Identification System and is a system used by ships to broadcast position and vessel information. By monitoring AIS transmissions with the RTL-SDR we can build a boat radar system.
Last time we tried AISRec we found its performance to be very good, with it decoding more messages than other software we tried. The new version includes the following updates:
- Added auto detection of devices when devices are plugged in.
- Added the support for airspy. Allow selection of devices by serial number for rtlsdr dongles.
- Added AISRec core 3.0. The new core is 2x faster than AISRec core 2.0.
- Added one embedded multi-user TCP server. Any client works with AISRec should implement auto reconnection.
- Added auto display of local IP for the TCP server.
- Added one output to one serial port.
- Added interactive changes of gain parameters for devices.
- A few changes on GUI.
- Added an icon for GUI. Users should reset the windows icon buffer to allow the display of the new icon.
In addition, while AISRec hopes to be commercial software one day, at the moment they are currently offering free registration. See their FAQ for information on registering for free.