A new beta version of HDSDR has recently been released. HDSDR hasn’t been updated since 2013, so it is good to see that the author is back in action. HDSDR is a free general purpose SDR receiver, similar in nature to other programs like SDR# and SDR-Console. It was one of the first programs to work with the RTL-SDR dongle and despite a lack of recent updates is still a very solid piece of software.
The new HDSDR is version 2.75 Beta1 and the changes include:
- more recording options
- support for 8bit sampling format
- HDSDR runs without output soundcard
- support for 8k display resolution (7680×4320)
- extended ExtIO capabilities
- many fixes and improvements
The main visual difference we’ve noticed so far is the addition of a text dBM meter under the S-Units meter. We also discovered some new color palettes.