SDR# TETRA Plugin Updated: No longer requires MSYS2

Last week we posted about the release of a new TETRA decoder plugin for SDR#. The plugin made setting up a TETRA decoder significantly easier compared to previous methods, but it still required the installation and use of the MSYS2 environment on Windows. 

Thanks to reader Zlati for letting us know that the TETRA plugin has recently been updated once again and now no longer requires MSYS2 to be installed first. Now it is as easy to install as any other plugin, just drop the .dlls into the SDR# folder and add the magicline to the plugins.xml file. We tested it out and decoding worked fine. At the moment the "Net info" button is not working however.

x64 plugin:
x86 plugin:

In the future news and download lines for newer versions will probably be available on the programmers forum thread which is available here (use Google Translate to read):

Updated TETRA Decoder Plugin
Updated TETRA Decoder Plugin


  1. GM

    Read carefully….
    REQ2. INSTALL visual c++ 2015 redistributable (BOTH VERSION! x86 and x64 – Download a install both version!)
    (a lot of hours invested in solving this!)

    • Zox

      I have both installed, but I still get this error when I click “Demodulator”
      Sender to tetra-rx – An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

      I tried using the x86 version of the plugin as well but that one wouldn’t even come up in SDR# on the left side.

    • Nope

      No, at least not until quantum computing has advanced enough to fully obsolete pretty much all of the current encryption technology in use today.

  2. Zox

    I get this error when starting the Demodulator:
    Sender to tetra-rx – An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

    Windows 10 64-bit, SDR# .1655 64-bit and the 64-bit plugin downloaded from this page

  3. Ben

    In this latest version there are a few drawbacks, not just positives, but of course it differs to different people:
    – Net info is not working
    – The disappearing of the polarity invert button
    – The polarity of the signal (number shown to increase / decrease frequency to get a better decoding)
    – Missing the MSYS shell window also removes the option to see what’s happening with the data, You could for example test several settings, filters, gain and small frequency adjustment to observe the effect on the decoding. ‘could not find successive burst’ is a common problem when you have a weak signal or other misconfigurations. Since there is no current way to observe any of this information, it’s a lot harder to reliably decode weak networks.

    I understand there is a diagram / signal representation but this is pretty useless whenever there is a lot of TETRA networks in close proximity of each other. Other than that, thanks a bunch

    Overall, great work to the dev! just putting out my thoughts on this

Post a comment

You may use the following HTML:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>