tinySA Ultra Reviews: A 0.1 MHz – 6 GHz Spectrum Analyzer for $120
A few weeks ago the tinySA Ultra was released. This is a spectrum analyzer capable of operating between 0.1 - 800 MHz, or 0.1 MHz - 6 GHz with the 'Ultra' mode enabled. A spectrum analyzer is a tool that allows users to visualize signals on the radio spectrum.
Previously the standard tinySA was released back in 2020. The Ultra version brings enhancements to the frequency range, signal generator range, bandpass filter range as well as an optional 20dB LNA, and a larger 4 inch color display.
The TinySA Ultra costs US$119 + shipping direct from the Aliexpress store in China, or $129.95 from R&L in the USA (currently out of stock). The full list of resellers can be found at https://tinysa.org/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.Buying.
We wanted to thank RTL-SDR.com reader Ben for providing us with links to a bunch of reviews of the tinySA Ultra which we are posting below.
- #1325 TinySA ULTRA Spectrum Analyzer (a first look) - IMSAI Guy
- #1325a TinySA ULTRA Spectrum Analyzer 6GHz 'Ultra Mode' - IMSAI Guy
- #1325b TinySA ULTRA Spectrum Analyzer Teardown - IMSAI Guy
- #1326a TinySA ULTRA uSD Card - IMSAI Guy
- #1332 TinySA Ultra digital bandwidth filters - IMSAI Guy
- Unboxing of and short intro to the tinySA Ultra - Erik Kaashoek
- tinySA Ultra and its LNA - Erik Kaashoek
- tinySA Ultra mode performance and limitations - Erik Kaashoek
- tinySA Ultra Low Frequency performance - Erik Kaashoek
- tinySA Ultra Signal Generator functionality - Erik Kaashoek
- tinySA Ultra observing WiFi and other networks - Erik Kaashoek