The HackRF One, a TX/RX capable software defined radio for 10 MHz – 6 GHz is now available for preorder at certain resellers for $299USD . Micheal, the man behind the HackRF expects the Kickstarter HackRF rewards to be shipped in June. Then after shipping the HackRF reward units, the resellers will receive their units.
HackRF One from Great Scott Gadgets is a Software Defined Radio peripheral capable of transmission or reception of radio signals from 10 MHz to 6 GHz. Designed to enable test and development of modern and next generation radio technologies, HackRF One is an open source hardware platform that can be used as a USB peripheral or programmed for stand-alone operation.
- 10 MHz to 6 GHz operating frequency
- half-duplex transceiver
- up to 20 million samples per second
- 8-bit quadrature samples (8-bit I and 8-bit Q)
- compatible with GNU Radio, SDR#, and more
- software-configurable RX and TX gain and baseband filter
- software-controlled antenna port power (50 mA at 3.3 V)
- SMA female antenna connector
- SMA female clock input and output for synchronization
- convenient buttons for programming
- internal pin headers for expansion
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- open source hardware
HackRF One has an injection molded plastic enclosure and ships with a micro USB cable. An antenna is not included. ANT500 is recommended as a starter antenna for HackRF One.