QIRX SDR Beta 220.127.116.11 Released: Improvements to DAB Scanner, Recorder and Spectra Display
QIRX SDR is a multimode SDR program compatible with the RTL-SDR. One of its defining features is that it has a built in DAB+ decoder. Recently beta version 2.01 of QIRX SDR was released which has some scanner, recording and spectra display improvements. We note that the beta version appears to be a DAB decoder only, with no multi-mode features. The new features and improvements include:
- Configurable w/r to the Muxes to be scanned and/or included in the usual set of Muxes being used.
- New algo, considerably faster
- "Scan forever" feature, interesting for DX-ers wishing to observe Muxes over a longer time, particularly together with TII logging.
- Selectable waiting time after recognition of a Mux, for TII logging.
- TII Recorder: File structure improved, now directly importable into Excel, with TAB as separator.
- Audio Recorder (DAB+ only): Format selectable between WAV (as usual) and pure AAC (with ADTS headers). The latter allows for high-quality recordings compressed by at least a factor of 10 compared to WAV. The popular Foobar2000 app is able to play these files. Not seekable yet though, because embedding in a suitable container is not yet implemented.
- CIR with different scales (Samples, Distance, Time)
- Indication of the correlation peaks used for the "FFT Window" determination in the CIR spectrum.
AirSpy compatibility ? solution ? Tnx!
What ever happened to something called:
Definition of Terms?
As an Introductory Story, if I know what the author is talking about, why bother reading it?
I thought I would broaden my Knowledge Base; the author took a whole lot for granted in writing his work,,,for him/her-self.
Sorry if the terms are not understandable for you. On our website softsyst.com/qirx you might find the explanations you are missing. If not, please feel free to email to me: info (at) softsyst.com. I will be happy trying to answer all of your questions.