QIRX SDR is a multimode SDR program compatible with the RTL-SDR. One of its defining features is that it has a built in DAB+ decoder. Recently beta version 2.01 of QIRX SDR was released which has some scanner, recording and spectra display improvements. We note that the beta version appears to be a DAB decoder only, with no multi-mode features. The new features and improvements include:
- Configurable w/r to the Muxes to be scanned and/or included in the usual set of Muxes being used.
- New algo, considerably faster
- "Scan forever" feature, interesting for DX-ers wishing to observe Muxes over a longer time, particularly together with TII logging.
- Selectable waiting time after recognition of a Mux, for TII logging.
- TII Recorder: File structure improved, now directly importable into Excel, with TAB as separator.
- Audio Recorder (DAB+ only): Format selectable between WAV (as usual) and pure AAC (with ADTS headers). The latter allows for high-quality recordings compressed by at least a factor of 10 compared to WAV. The popular Foobar2000 app is able to play these files. Not seekable yet though, because embedding in a suitable container is not yet implemented.
- CIR with different scales (Samples, Distance, Time)
- Indication of the correlation peaks used for the "FFT Window" determination in the CIR spectrum.