Version 2.6 of the popular SDR program GQRX has just been released (changelog). GQRX is a general signal browsing program similar to programs like SDR#, HDSDR and SDR-Console. However GQRX is designed to run on Linux, MacOS and Raspberry Pi 2 & 3. Note that v2.6 is still a work in progress for MacOS. Apart from the new features and bug fixes, one of the major improvements appears to be reduced CPU usage, meaning that it should run better on older PCs. The changelog is pasted below:
- 1-2-5 scaling on FFT axis.
- Audio waterfall.
- Remember AGC settings between sessions.
- Right-click on FFT resets frequency zoom.
- Separate dB ranges for pandapter and waterfall.
- Raw I/Q mode.
- Portaudio support.
- Command line option to set Qt style (fusion, windows, …)
- Binary packages for Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 (see below)
- Stuttering audio with Pulseaudio backend.
- Use system font on FFT plot (too small font on high res displays).
- Broken FUNcube Dongle Pro+ support on Mac OS X 10.11.4.
- Correct display of negative offsets between -1 and 0 kHz.
- Reset frequency digits below the one that is being changed.
- LNB LO could not be set from I/O configuration dialog.
- Update squelch level when switching between demodulators.
- Set correct filter range when loading bookmark.
- White area on waterfall.
- RFSpace Cloud-IQ support on Mac OS X, RPI binaries and in PPA.
- Input decimator performance.
- SDRPlay integration through SoapySDR.
- Only probe for devices when the program is started.
- Allow user to enter ALSA device name.
- Set default audio FFT range to -70…0 dB.
- Restore audio FFT dB scaling between sessions.